Forum

1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

8 years 3 months ago #72504 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

Buc wrote:

kentdaddy wrote: So in love right now.....................swoon.

You were a very strong voice on Dawgs.com about changes needing to be made. Dates back years. :)

Too strong at times it seems. Either way got exactly what I hoped for and now I am jacked up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72505 by Buc
Never been a doubt about your football intelligence kentdaddy.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72513 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

Buc wrote: Never been a doubt about your football intelligence kentdaddy.

UGA wasted a ton of talent during the previous regime. In the end maybe Smart was not ready so it had to be.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72515 by Buc
kentdaddy, still believe that there is a lot to be done. Realize there is a lot of talent already in Athens, but . . . .

Pruitt and Company moved the program in the right direction, playing a lot of young men but there is still in my mind a "gap" between where we are and where we want/need to be. Maybe I should say . . . . "should be".

Not going to post what I have read for many years about "2 more years".

Know enough about the game as do you and others that what Pruitt and Company did can be built upon. Not a doubt that Smart has basically handed the offense over to Jim Chaney and those that will work everyday on that side of the ball.

2016 should be a good indicator of what to expect, that means from now until . . . .

Spot on when you say "wasted talent".
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 3 months ago #72517 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

Buc wrote: Pruitt and Company moved the program in the right direction, playing a lot of young men but there is still in my mind a "gap" between where we are and where we want/need to be. Maybe I should say . . . . "should be".

I believe that what we liked about what Pruitt did the last two years with the defense, fewer missed tackles, fewer personal fouls, coaches actually getting upset after a bad loss :whistle: , we will now see across all aspects of the team.

Including game plans, no more game David Green game plans for a DJ Shockley QB.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72518 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
Games are always a balance of talent and passion. I think, contrary to Scooby, that we will see improvement right away, because we have talent - not enough yet for realistic NC challenge - but have been lacking passion that makes the most of it.

It will take time to build the lines, but I see that as a big first step up, making the most of what we have, and then smaller increments of recruiting and developing one top notch stud at a time.

Liking what we are hearing now, though, and this site is on the money with McG. Fortunately, CKS has a window where he holds the leverage. Use it.

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds