Forum

1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72488 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

Buc wrote:
Are "we" sold on Kirby Smart?

What do we know about Kirby Smart other than he has been a student of the game in Tuscaloosa?

I'll say this Buc... I am "sold" on giving Smart a chance. I don't know much about Smart other than he has been a student of the game in Tuscaloosa and that means he's had a good mentor and comes from a environment that demands winning. That is all I "know" about KS.

I do though know some other things as well. I know that at UGA we performed at a level lower than the sum of our parts. I "know" what UGA's ceiling had been. I know that I had become weary regarding UGA football...bored... tired of mid-tier bowls. I know I was tired of the familiarity of the same old tired message and results.

So there are a lot of things I don't know about Smart... I do know a couple of things though and those things are I am ready to see something different at UGA and an more than willing to give Smart an opportunity. That I know.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72489 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
Without question others who are qualified coaches could
Have been given the opportunity...

However CKS has some added qualities that separates
Him from other possibilities..

Time in service with CNS...and the amount of trust put in

Him by NS...just not an assistant coach...

Experience as a player at Georgia.....who speaks

R & B.....

Understands how the SEC works and is different than

Any other conference...extremely important...no wasted time learning...up to speed day one.

He is more than the logical choice IMO

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 3 months ago #72491 by growl
CKS has all the tools passed on to him by CNS and unless I miss my guess he knows how to use them,but has some of his own that can push him over the top. I have high expectations for CKS, probably a couple floors short of his own though.

I believe he will make believers out of the naysayers PDQ.

NSD ought to be just about the time the light comes on.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72492 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
I remember all the hype before last year's Alabama game.
Georgia does things the right way, "the Georgia Way."
We all know how that worked out.

I am sick and tired of underperforming and losing to teams we should have beaten,
Of hearing about all our talent wasted.

Kirby Smarts definition of the Georgia Way is winning.
Period.
Hell yes, he is the right choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72493 by Buc
There was actually a huge force that "forced" the removal of our previous head coach . . . . men that actually wore the uniform, said enough was enough. Only dissenting vote from that group that I am aware of is Tarkenton. Francis was over ruled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72494 by DAWGtm
Don't believe you could have hired anyone with more passion for UGA football than CKS. He is one that will lead by example. He will not ask anything from a player or coach that he would not do or has not done before. I love his drive makes you want to run through walls for him. No more of this passive culture we have been accustom to. He had just been a part of a NC team and instead of saying look at what we accomplished he was looking at what we should have done better. So glad the aw shucks we'll get them next time and it's only a game attitude is history.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds