Forum

1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts

8 years 3 months ago #72539 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic One FINAL comment.........
The only people I know who are lamenting the loss of Richt are fans of other schools.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72540 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic One FINAL comment.........

NC_Dawg wrote: As the clarity of a new leader sets upon our hungry fanbase, it isn't uncommon for the same clarity to rise up from our SEC comrades. That being said, I give you some humor, some hindsight and yes, some a final measure of closure!

Clarity, thy name is Mark Richt !!!!

GO DAWGS !!!!

Ouch!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72547 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
THE biggest thing KS said to me was to focus on the building blocks to get there and not the end result.

"Build it and they will come"....they meaning Championships.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72549 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic 1-13-16 Kirby Smart Press Conference Thoughts
I also believe that while UGA has had great talent in Athens that was under coached, I think KS will bring in even better players with depth.

After watching BAMA the last few years, their talent was better and 2-3 deep.

Their O/D lines outclassed ours and it wasn't even close.

Imo THAT's the main area we'll see the difference. Skill players have never been the problem.

Edit:

(Oops....Buc skipped to post before reading your prior post on O/D lines.....we have always talked about that, looks like that will get solved)

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 3 months ago #72551 by Buc
wlayton figure you are real busy this time of the year.

You posted below . . . .and . . . . I buy into the plan, a plan that we have not had in Athens for too long.

THE biggest thing KS said to me was to focus on the building blocks to get there and not the end result.

"Build it and they will come"....they meaning Championships.

You and several others have been on top of the "depth" issues for a long while.

Really looking everywhere and guessing with myself as to what the final 2016 Class will look like.

Pretty simple in may way of thinking . . . . we were past due for "real change", not lose one coach plug one in, smile and move on.

This is one of those head coaches that comes from a background of hard work. Lots of folks that grew up in South Georgia understand working ones way up. Don't mean that others don't, just happens Kirby Smart's beginnings were in South Georgia.

For Wartdawg to say he is excited, think he did, if not close to that, means change has actually happened in Athens.

Following Mark Richt closely in Miami, he has the fan base excited, quite frankly, reminds me of Mark Richt in Athens prior to the past x number of years. The (x) is based on what any individual on this board believes to be the number. I think somewhere after 2005/2006 there were signs, such as the Tennessee loss back then.

Kisner looking like a special player wlayton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
8 years 3 months ago #72552 by Buc
Good read, article by Seth Emerson.

Don't agree with everything that David said, overall much to agree with.

www.dawgnation.com/football/david-pollac...rby-smart-mark-richt

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds