Forum

Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

8 years 5 months ago #71458 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
I totally understand that muschamp is a good or great defensive mind.

Promise everyone that posts or reads here, if muschamp comes with Kirby Smart, I understand that also. Head coach has to be the leader, but think that most of us know the leader has to show leadership.

Jeremy Pruitt was in the box, topside on the phone with Kirby Smart on the sideline when both were together in Tuscaloosa.

My feelings are both were/are very good defensive coaches. One of my questions would be . . . . Who placed Pruitt in the Box for the games? Not hard to answer, Nick Saban.

When Pruitt left Alabama and signed on with FSU, pretty good indication that he had something that both Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban knew he had. He did not get the defensive coordinator's job in Tallahassee because he was a "friend" of Jimbo Fisher. Fisher is like Saban, does things his way. Jimbo Fisher wanted Jeremy Pruitt to run the FSU defense. Did something right, National Champions. Offense alone did not win the NC.

Both Kirby Smart and Jeremy Pruitt are to me, "young men". Young men that are still carrying around a lot of testosterone. If there are differences between the two, have a piece of advice for both men. Will not be the last time in your lives that you will be faced with the same situation. Bet that.

Kirby Smart will "run" the football program in Athens. That is the way it should be. Does not mean that I have to approve of his selections. I not unlike some others "outside of the arena", was put in my place by the last head coach. I also "know" that Kirby Smart is the right "young man" for the position he is fixing to take and do wonders with.

Guess I am a bit anxious with the happenings the past couple of weeks, but one thing I am sure of . . . . nothing muschamp can do can to erase the way he acted in the Sunshine State. Take that back. muschamp get on your knees, apologize and promise to act civil. Any bets on that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71459 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
Zero chance Buc.....take 50 on that action

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71462 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
I tend to agree with everyone's take on the chances of Muschamp landing in Athens. Kirby has to know how many people he's going to piss off right out of the gate if he brings him over. To top it off, he's going to alienate the other half of "the house divided" of CMR fans by essentially crushing the classy image that Richt built over 15 years at UGA. It is the horror of horrors to them to even countenance the idea of someone like Muschamp on the sideline one year after a man of Richt's class stood on the same sideline.

UGA fans will be at least a tad more tolerant of a Muschamp hire than Coach Richt fans are going to be. Coach Richt fans will be ready to burn the entire place to the ground and go become fans of the U if that happens. After Sanford Stadium's ashes have been swept up, they would help fund the effort to built a community center in its place to help build fine young men in the greater Athens area.

Bringing Muschamp over is not what we need for fan base unity and to move on from the divorce of Richt from UGA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, RxCowboy, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 5 months ago #71466 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
Buc , believe it was you who mentioned a man named Lester or something similar to that.He could be an answer at DC maybe? But if WM is the guy, I'm gonna get behind him.

One thing I know, when you take a job at a major school like Florida, he was probably giving the gators something they wanted to hear. Coaches do that all the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71467 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
I understand. :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #71495 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
Talking with my friend this morning and he said now there is speculation AGAIN that Kiffin may come with Kirby.

Crazy.....I'll take Kiffin for sure, believe he's a good OC and feel he would stay a while because nobody is in a hurry to hire him as a HC.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds