Forum

Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

8 years 5 months ago #71419 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

thriller wrote: Just read this quote and had to laugh . . . we're ALREADY doing that well . . . have been for YEARS:

“Glad to see that Mark Richt has gone forward at Miami,” former Kentucky coach Rich Brooks tweeted on Wednesday night. “He will win there and Georgia will be lucky to do as well.”

Read that also thriller. Brooks removed from Kentucky, guess he is still bitter. Somehow these older coaches and players think they can do whatever it is that they do forever. Old folks have to understand college football has changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71421 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

bulldawg36869 wrote: I have asked for Richt to fired as long as anyone. and all I can say is about dang time.

I would have preferred an offensive minded guy just because stats bear out they are generally more successful.

That being said I am happy with Smart being chosen, but if he lets his friendship with Muschamp cloud his judgement and names him DC I will be extremely disappointed. Keeping Pruitt or going after another DC seems the best course. Muschamp is not as good as his reputation and his temper is out of control. As Buc says he has made many disparaging remarks towards GA why would any recruit believe his sales pitch.

GO DAWGS !

Is Nick Saban an offensive minded guy?

I still believe whole-heartedly that offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.

GATA! Woof!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 5 months ago #71423 by Buc

RxCowboy wrote:

bulldawg36869 wrote: I have asked for Richt to fired as long as anyone. and all I can say is about dang time.

I would have preferred an offensive minded guy just because stats bear out they are generally more successful.

That being said I am happy with Smart being chosen, but if he lets his friendship with Muschamp cloud his judgement and names him DC I will be extremely disappointed. Keeping Pruitt or going after another DC seems the best course. Muschamp is not as good as his reputation and his temper is out of control. As Buc says he has made many disparaging remarks towards GA why would any recruit believe his sales pitch.

GO DAWGS !

Is Nick Saban an offensive minded guy?

I still believe whole-heartedly that offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.

RxCowboy, seem to remember you having ties to Oklahoma, think that is right. If so, they have a very good football team that will be in the final four.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71424 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
And THIS is why I'm excited about UGA football again!

"Nation’s No. 1 OLB will give UGA a chance

Smart’s relationship with Lyndell Wilson, a 5-star outside linebacker, began when Wilson was a freshman. Now, UGA stands to benefit from that bond. Wilson told SEC Country on Wednesday that UGA has “a good chance” because of Smart.

He will take an official visit to UGA in order to learn more about Smart’s new team. Wilson was supposed to announce his commitment on Dec. 4, but he postponed that plan due to recent coaching changes. The longer he waits, the more time UGA has to climb up his list.

Texas CB now has UGA in his Top 2

UGA was nowhere near the top of junior college cornerback Antonio Kanonu’s list of schools, but that changed yesterday. After learning of Smart’s expected acceptance to become Richt’s successor, Kanonu, who was recently rated a 5-star by one database, now has UGA with TCU atop his leaderboard.

The sudden change is because of Smart, who Kanonu said “is going to change the whole UGA program and bring it back up to its winning tradition.” That means winning national championships, and it’s why Kanonu, and several other top recruits, are very interested in UGA."

More
8 years 5 months ago #71426 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
Oklahoma State. <hangs head in shame>

GATA! Woof!

More
8 years 5 months ago #71427 by Buc

RxCowboy wrote: Oklahoma State. <hangs head in shame>

Oops, close does not count, my bad. :(