Forum

Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

8 years 5 months ago #71438 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

averagedawg wrote: Muschamp was a great dc under Saban at LSU.
But he is in serious need of help.
His potential can't be reached because of his anger control issues.

I can't see him explaining away his disparaging remarks about his alma mater.

I don't know how much of this stuff is true or just some journalist's spin. It will all shake out soon.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Much truth averagedawg.

Have often wondered why Nick Saban has not called on muschamp since arriving in Tuscaloosa. Saban knows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71439 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
I can't see Muschamp coming to Athens. Even if he did, CKS (how nice is it to write those initials?) would have to know that Boom is only going to stay for a season or two until a vacancy pops open and some AD is dumb enough to hire him as a head coach. He's no one you're going to build a system under.

If he hires on in Columbia, then those two deserve one another. Talk about a match made in hell. I think memories are really short when it comes to just what kind of disaster Muschamp was in Gainesville. All the swamp lizards I knew were ready to commit suicide under his tenure. I hadn't seen people so dismayed since the Zook era at FL with Muschamp there. I worked with a Bull Gator at the time who told me that the boosters were ready to toss Muschamp after this 2nd year and were terrified of the demolition he was doing to the image of UF with his behavior and his disgusting foul mouth on the sidelines.

Muschamp is one huge liability for any program. I won't be surprised to see him lose it one day & beat one of his players half to death during a practice. Muschamp is a defensive mind, no doubt. He builds serious defenses, no questions. But he seriously does need some help to calm down and deal with his anger issues. It's not funny, it's not cool, it's not a "schtick," it's disturbing and it's an embarrassment for any program.

Can't we just kiss and make up with Pruitt? We need Pruitt to stay. Why screw with what works simply because McGarity got hurt feelings over Pruitt saying what needed to said? Obviously the final call rests with CKS, but in the meantime, why are we making this so difficult and not throwing full support behind Pruitt staying?

All this Jacob Eason stuff is turning into a total soap opera. I am about over it. If Eason wants to follow Richt to Miami, let him. They'll make more high school QB's next year. My guess is that he's as good as gone. He'll go down to Miami, hug Richt, shed a tear about how awful he was treated in Athens, and maybe they'll both hold a press conference and announce their arrivals together. We need a QB, but not one that is going to hold the program hostage. If he thinks the grass is greener at the "U" and it better prepares him for a career, then go for it. But if he thinks he stands a better chance of winning national championships in Miami over Athens, then he's as gullible as he looks. Gauging by the fact that he's a Richt devotee, I can't imagine national championships is the first thing on his mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 5 months ago #71441 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
Getting pumped up for next year won't be difficult this time around. Is it me, or does it feel like a lead weight just came off??

Love reading this comment from Hines Ward:

“And I think he has a little chip on his shoulder. He wants to come home and kinda change that aura about Georgia. He played for the University of Georgia, so now he’s getting his first opportunity to be a head coach. It’s gonna be exciting.”

Ward also expressed an interest in joining Smart’s staff, reiterating comments he’s made before about becoming a Georgia coach.

“I’ve still got the itch to coach. I’ve always said that one day I would like to coach, and if I ever got the opportunity the place that I would like to do it is back at the University of Georgia,” Ward said. “When Kirby Smart’s name kinda came up as a head coach, it’s something that you kind of get that itch for. Man, how great would that be to be a part of his staff and help my alma mater at the University of Georgia, try to get them to the promised land.

“Who knows what will happen in the future. I’m still blessed with the opportunity to work at NBC. I enjoy my job each and every weekend. In the back of my mind, it’s hard not to think what it would be like to go back (to Georgia.)”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71442 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
Big welcome from Athens... SouthernDawg enjoyed your

Posts. Happy you are on board.......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71443 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
Seth Emerson at AJC is reporting that Pruitt will not be retained . :blush: :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 5 months ago #71444 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
Where did you hear this, I see nothing on Twitter.

GATA! Woof!

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds