Forum

Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

8 years 5 months ago #71212 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Buc, imo, if McGarity hires Herman, it's a CYA move......hiring a "proven" HC etc.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71213 by Buc
Once upon a time and up until the last couple of years in college football the accepted practice has been to hire someone with head coaching experience.

That to me says nothing positive. At some point none of the
head coaches were head coaches.

Agree wlayton. There is some CYA going on in Athens.

I have thoughts that Pruitt coming out openly and bringing the IPF to the fans attention is still sitting in the dark area of McGarity's mind.

This is where McGarity can cover his butt by saying that he or UGA could not come to terms with Kirby Smart.

My question to Greg McGarity, Athletic Director is . . . . What do you really understand about football. Can you sit down in a press conference like the one you were in today and talk defenses or offenses? Schemes? Do you understand cover 2/3? What do you really know about option football? Have you ever had the pads on, or participated in the "Arena"?

Not talking about "his" personal choice and my bet is that there are those behind the scene that understand football from a much different perspective than McGarity does.

This is the same Athletic Director that tells us as soon as the "upper level" improvments are made, he will take some of the money out of the vault and make sure that pp does not find itself on the decks where "real fans" relieve themselves.

Kirby Smart has nine years under Nick Saban. What more does any Athletic Director need to qualify a person?

McGarity loves money, makes him look good, request his presence in the pp areas below on game day. Did I mention that I don't have any faith in Greg McGarity? If not, I don't.

EDIT: Greg McGarity's presence at the press conference today was a "zero". Likes working behind "closed doors" and room without "sunshine". Understand "some" of that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71214 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Apparently it won't be Herman . . . he has just stated that he and Houston have come to agreeable terms to renew his contract - he'll get $3 million.

C'mon, UGA - Herman is about to be gone, Fuentes is already gone. Strike while the iron is hot. Don't lose KS.

Regardless . . . whoever gets the job is going to be on the "warm seat" from the git go. I'm sure he'll be paid a king's ransom. Probably won't have to have a winning season in the first year, but after that . . . tick tock, tick tock.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71215 by wlayton

thriller wrote: Apparently it won't be Herman . . . he has just stated that he and Houston have come to agreeable terms to renew his contract - he'll get $3 million.

C'mon, UGA - Herman is about to be gone, Fuentes is already gone. Strike while the iron is hot. Don't lose KS.

Regardless . . . whoever gets the job is going to be on the "warm seat" from the git go. I'm sure he'll be paid a king's ransom. Probably won't have to have a winning season in the first year, but after that . . . tick tock, tick tock.

WHEW!! (not that I don't like him, just want Kirby).....thanks for the info thriller

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #71216 by wlayton
Hopefully THIS won't happen.....

When talking with my friend/contact this morning, he mentioned something that almost made me puke.....

He asked me, you know who Kirby might bring with him as the DC?.......he said Muschamp, they are best friends!!

Talk about going from a high to a low....let THAT happen.

Muschamp should be suspended a year after last Saturday and forced to take anger counselling if he wants to remain in CF.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 5 months ago #71217 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
If McGarity has half a brain, Richt's successor is already locked up.
I have heard Pruett and Smart had their differences at Alabama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds