Forum

Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

8 years 5 months ago #71206 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Agree Buc. Not sense worrying about OC yet. The most important thing is to find a HC who believes 5 STAR OL/DL positions are more important than 5 STAR WR/Safeties.......it's all about the trenches.

I may be in the minorty but what I herd out of the CMR press conference is he may very well just be lead by the Lord to be a more hand's off teacher, ie, OC/QB coach.

As far as hiring a DC or an established HC I will say this: if it's a great fit it probably doesn't matter which route you go. But I will say this, the last 11 SEC HC hires, OC's have won 63% of their games and the DC hires have won 38% of their games. Just food for thought. Maybe something to do with the fact that the game is all offensive minded today. Just food for thought.

I like Smart, but I also like Tom Herman. Herman recruited the Atlanta area for Meyer at Ohio State. We know he can 100% be the head man in charge.

Just saying, if it isn't Smart, we don't need to automatically be negative if it turns up it's Tom Herman.

Either one may be a great fit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71207 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

BulldogShannon wrote: Agree Buc. Not sense worrying about OC yet. The most important thing is to find a HC who believes 5 STAR OL/DL positions are more important than 5 STAR WR/Safeties.......it's all about the trenches.

I may be in the minorty but what I herd out of the CMR press conference is he may very well just be lead by the Lord to be a more hand's off teacher, ie, OC/QB coach.

As far as hiring a DC or an established HC I will say this: if it's a great fit it probably doesn't matter which route you go. But I will say this, the last 11 SEC HC hires, OC's have won 63% of their games and the DC hires have won 38% of their games. Just food for thought. Maybe something to do with the fact that the game is all offensive minded today. Just food for thought.

I like Smart, but I also like Tom Herman. Herman recruited the Atlanta area for Meyer at Ohio State. We know he can 100% be the head man in charge.

Just saying, if it isn't Smart, we don't need to automatically be negative if it turns up it's Tom Herman.

Hey B/S, I heard (and it IS rumor) that there may have been some behind the scene dealings with Herman and that's why Herman took his hat out of the ring for the South Carolina job......that UGA told him he's the man.

Again rumor but he did say he's out of the running with the USC job.......hmmmm.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 5 months ago #71208 by Buc
BulldogShannon on the comparisons of defensive and offensive head coaches, would have to look a bit closer at the teams played and games won. You present an interesting comparison in percentages.

Have watched college football for a long time. Took many years for those above the Mason/Dixon Line to recognize that the young pups from the South could play the game on their level. Much of that was promoted by the press which is solidly for teams North of the MD Line.

Segregation played a major part in the Southeast becoming the power it is today. Facts are simply that, FACTS.

Much is changing in D1 Football. More and more Indoor Practice Facilities all over the country. Took UGA a bit longer, but it is underway. That alone will improve the "overall" program in the Classic City.

It was mentioned in a thread on Dawgs.com that urban meyer had experience in coaching football, however his resume did not include the South. Like him or not, and I don't . . . . urban was smart enough to come down and find out. Yes, he learned a lot while with the gators. And yes, he took much of that with him to Ohio.

Say again . . . . I don't have strong feelings about us having an Athletic Director that has been in Athens since 2010 and looking over his list of "accomplishments". (?) I do know just enough to say that there was a lot of in your face talk with those that might eventually remove McGarity. He is not a person that some of the "supporters" are behind.

Have noticed that Francis Tarkenton has continued his silence.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71209 by Buc

wlayton wrote:

BulldogShannon wrote: Agree Buc. Not sense worrying about OC yet. The most important thing is to find a HC who believes 5 STAR OL/DL positions are more important than 5 STAR WR/Safeties.......it's all about the trenches.

Hey B/S, I heard (and it IS rumor) that there may have been some behind the scene dealings with Herman and that's why Herman took his hat out of the ring for the South Carolina job......that UGA told him he's the man.

Again rumor but he did say he's out of the running with the USC job.......hmmmm.

If that turns out to be the case and Kirby Smart lands in South Carolina, going to be a lot of conversations concerning Greg McGarity and job security.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71210 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Sexton is playing Ga against SC.
There will probably be a deadline to hire Kirby or he goes to SC.
That's what good agents do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #71211 by growl
Can't let usc-e beat us again

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds