Forum

HOLY COW - CMR was just fired

8 years 5 months ago #71161 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
When Bobby Bowden, Richt's mentor left the FSU campus, it was on the worst of terms. BB stayed away for 5 years, close to that. His wife and others got involved and made a bloody mess out of the situation.

Bothers me when folks want to say things like are being said now about Mark Richt. Look at what he did for the University of Georgia. Same was said by those that supported Bobby Bowden.

Both Bobby Bowden and Mark Richt left their positions being well paid. Many times the money many highly trained professionals and non professionals received over a much longer period of time.

When we replace our automobile tires, there is a very simple reason for that . . . . the tires are worn out. Can continue to ride on those "may pops" but many things will go wrong in a short amount of time.

Public Relations Group like the one that controls the "wording" in Athens and elsewhere are doing a job that require "soft gloves" at this point. They also can be replaced, just not with the same notoriety as replacing a Bobby Bowden or Mark Richt.

Mark Richt did what he could. It was not good enough to continue to bring in great talent and lose games that did not reflect the wages he was being paid. Good talent in year after year and here we were listening to the AJC and others filling the air waves with a freshman from Washington State.

I say this . . . . Richt leaving, Schottenheimer is gone. Jacob Eason, you would do well to look over your list of schools that want your talent. If you should decide to enter UGA, to me that would be impressive.

See, this is what I "understand". Whether in private business or college football, sooner or later the word "I" enters the picture, not team. Fact. Mark Richt was not a team player for many years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg, BullDawg2010, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71162 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
Agreed WD. I'm sure they must have had that talk... as you said

" It probably went like this: We're going in a different direction. We would like to give you the dignity and respect to "step down" instead of us having to announce you were let go."

Mark Richt is a good man. He deserves the best treatment.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

8 years 5 months ago #71163 by Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #71164 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
Uga has won more sec conference games over the last five years than any team other than bama. One mans trash is another mans treasure. I would not be surprised if mr gets another coaching job, maybe South Carolina or Virginia. If it was me there is no way I'd hang around in another position.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71165 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
Agree Wart.....I do think we have bigger issues than HC. Those at the top are just as big a problem as CMR
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71166 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
I think the way UGA handled this whole deal has been first class. I honestly believe this decision was made after October.

And even though i was ready to move on from Richt and have bee for awhile, I still respect the man. Like buc said, he just couldn't get it done. And that is fine. Sometimes things pass us by. That is what happened with Richt and SEC football.

We now have a chance to bring in a guy that can get it done.

Been reading Richt will coach the bowl game, would like to see him get one last win before going out.

Its going to be interesting that's for sure. And for the first time in awhile I'm actually excited about something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds