Forum

HOLY COW - CMR was just fired

8 years 5 months ago #71131 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN! :cheer:

There was no way this board was going to let up on MR between seasons. The facts were piling up on Dawgs.com and it was too hard to ignore.

Woo Hoo :cheer:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, averagedawg, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #71132 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
Everyone here probably got tired of me continuing to say what I was saying about Mark Richt. i'm sorry about that but I was done, and I was not going to let up until change was made.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71133 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
WD, it was tough on all of us to watch the program flounder like a fish out of water.

You can change your signature on your posts. The clown in charge is gone. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

8 years 5 months ago #71134 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
Mark RIcht did great things at UGA for the first third of his tenure. He turned the team around and got things back on track, even though we could see hints of future troubles.

He let things slide for the next third, resting on his laurels and stubbornly hanging on to Willie Martinez.

The last third was an attempt to revitalize the program. In part he was successful. Recruiting has improved markedly over the past five years, even though he had a hard time targeting his recruiting to get the entire package. D has improved significantly under CJP & Co. But it became increasingly clear that Richt could not adapt to changes in the game and push UGA back over the top with a complete package. I think he was trying the last five years, not coasting, but that he hit his ceiling.

I appreciate his loyalty and concern for his players. I appreciate his unwillingness to compromise on discipline to the extent many other programs do. Let's hope the powers that be make an even better decision and get Kirby Smart or someone of comparable ability.

Many good memories from the last 15 years. Many frustrating ones too. But thanks for the good ones, Coach and good luck in whatever you pursue next.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, GooseDawg78, growl

More
8 years 5 months ago #71135 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
Hey, before the high of "getting what you wanted" wears off, I'd like to remind all of us here that, sometimes...SOMETIMES, you have to be careful what you wish for. CMR is gone, and I wish him nothing but the best. Now, as to who takes over? KS would be a gem, but what if he's not the guy? I don't want to go through another Jim Donnan/Ray Goff period. Let's hope the powers that be make a good decision here.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, growl

More
8 years 5 months ago #71136 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
LimeyDawg, thinking along the same line.

What if Kirby Smart has already concluded a deal with South Carolina?

I understand that there are others more than willing to take over the departed head coaching position.

Believe that Mark Richt really got too comfortable in the years leading up to today.

Not bothered by some of the comments being made by young men yet to play a down in the SEC.

I do believe it is time for someone that will take control of the football team and show what I believe has been missing and that is leadership.

Folks, not like tossing the Richt family out into the cold. They are well armed and would not be surprised to see Mark Richt remain in Athens, as VD did. I believe that one of the Disney television "places" will hire Richt. I would like to see him do just that. Believe the "grind" of college football coaching caught up with Richt quite a while back. JMHO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds