Forum

HOLY COW - CMR was just fired

8 years 5 months ago #71155 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
Hopefully it's a done deal and Kirby's coming home.
Probably bugs the hell out of Richt.
Kirby and Richt did not get along.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71156 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired

stevedawg wrote: 2 things...

1. PR machine reporting "Richt Steps Down". They are not using the word "Fired"; go figure.

I'm completely OK with that. It probably went like this: We're going in a different direction. We would like to give you the dignity and respect to "step down" instead of us having to announce you were let go.

... and that's fine.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71157 by Wartdawg
I'm sorry to all those shouting for Dabo and Jimbo... but what makes anyone think these guys would leave their current situation? UGA is a great job, but I'm going to throw it out there that many have begun to doubt our ADMINISTRATION and MAHOGANY row's will to win. Let's face it that this decision came several years too late, and was done under overwhelming pressure. I'm not so sure Dabo would leave his job for this one. The SEC has prestige, but other conferences are gaining and this season and others prove that you don't have to be an SEC school to make the CFP. Why leave what you know in a conference where it's a bit easier to win 'em all in exchange for the unknown in a tougher conference. A NC is a NC.

Lateral moves in my opinion... sorry if that hurts to hear.

Best hope for a Smart or someone else who is actually making an obvious move up. Doesn't have to be a coordinator moving up... just has to be a job where this is truly a step up, and I'm not sure this is that much of a step up for Dabo.

I'm also wary of guys from Michigan and Utah... we need someone who knows how it's done down here, and has familiarity with THE SOUTH. It may or
may not work, but Kirby is the obvious choice. If he doesn't get it we can move to the next obvious choice, but I'm not sure that's somebody from Utah or anywhere too far out of the south. Might look towards Texas though...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 5 months ago #71158 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
I agree 100% wart. Make every effort to snag Kirby. If it can't be done, Patterson or Herman would be my next choices

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71159 by growl
Replied by growl on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
I just hope the row will come off the do-re-me for KS, they have proven to be tight and I think KS will want to be paid what mr was getting, at least if not more. Nows the time to Go Dawgs!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71160 by Wartdawg
if money becomes a issue then I'm absolutely going to blow my stack, because money at this university should not be an issue under any circumstances ....capital letters ANY.

If it is then we have bigger problems than HC.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds