Forum

HOLY COW - CMR was just fired

8 years 5 months ago #71137 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Heard CMR was just fired

DAWGtm wrote: Just a question after the fla. game Richt went on a recruiting tour. If anyone of them flip will we get hit with a violation?

Don't think so DAWGtm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71138 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
I don't reall care Limey.. some times you have to take your chance. Just because you might not make the right decision gong forward doesn't mean you're making the wrong decision today.

Plus the Richt of today was hardly any better than the Donnan era. If Tech was any good at all then we would have lost for the second straight year to them. Plus let's member what Donnan was trying to rebuild from. He had started with a pretty damn bare cupboard.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71139 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
I do NOT want Mullen, imo he's not the answer. No better than CMR if at all.

Also believe they wanted Pruitt to stay and would be a natural with Kirby.

My understanding is CMR is being offered another position at the school but remains to be seen if he takes it......imo he probably moves on.

One of ESPN panel experts on CF?? Mack Brown got a good gig.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71140 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired

wlayton wrote: I do NOT want Mullen, imo he's not the answer. No better than CMR if at all.

Also believe they wanted Pruitt to stay and would be a natural with Kirby.

My understanding is CMR is being offered another position at the school but remains to be seen if he takes it......imo he probably moves on.

One of ESPN panel experts on CF?? Mack Brown got a good gig.

Down this way we know a little bit about Dan Mullen. wlayton is spot on.

If Greg McGarity wants to see some serious chatter on Dawgs.com and other sites, he will get it if Kirby Smart is available and he selects Dan Mullen. Not no, HELL NO.

Dan Mullen, Mississippi State coach: Mullen previously worked with McGarity at Florida. There is an element at Georgia that wants to go offense with its next coaching hire. Mullen would be a home run in that respect. A huge question for whoever is the next coach: Can he keep Jacob Eason at Georgia? The top-five quarterback from the state of Washington has been committed to the Bulldogs (and Richt) for quite a while.

Another thing . . . . The f'ing press continues to play up Jacob Eason. Georgia football will not go down the drain (any further) if Eason goes elsewhere. Would not be surprised to see him land in Michigan playing for the Wolverines.

Same stuff has been said over and over about . . . . Mark Richt leaving and all of the recruits going elsewhere. That takes a brain of a mule to think like that. Wartdawg said it well . . . . play for the "G" not the coach. Yes, I am old enough and have heard enough to know how some 18 year olds think. Been there, done that.

If Kirby Smart wants to come to Georgia and is prevented doing so, this old goat (Buc) will feel the same way I felt when VD did not want Erk Russell to take over. Erk did well in Statesboro, VD did not do so well in his coaching selections.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71141 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
Sometimes the simplest explanation is true.
Hire Kirby before SC gets him.
I might be wrong but I think Smart and Richt have the same agent.
Hmm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #71142 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic HOLY COW - CMR was just fired
The KS makes sense In a few regards. 1) Most recruits would stay committed because KS has a way of getting kids. 2) Knows Atlanta high schools as well as CMR did. 3) Would keep some continuity if he kept Pruitt. Why take a risk on a DC when he is already in Athens? 4) Can you see KS and Pruitt out recruiting? That combination would be as strong as Maddux/Smolts.

My only concern is this: everyone was sky high on Muschump when h took over at UF. Didn't work out. We just don't know if KS will look like Tarzan but play like Jane.

UGA is a good enough program to aim high for a premiere coach at a school already in a BCS conference. In case we don't go the KS route I think we could talk to these folks. ----Swinney, Dantonio, Patterson, Freeze, Shaw, etc. Not saying these would all be great hires at UGA, but I do think they have all done great things at schools that are lacking UGA's resources.

Anyway, if we go KS I will be behind the move 100%--I just want us to make a quality choice
The following user(s) said Thank You: GooseDawg78

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds