Forum

Speaking Of Recruiting,......

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67696 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Reading the "first paragraph" in the athlonsports article.

If I am a coach in the SEC that does not already know what is going to happen with Nick Chubb in the backfield in Athens, guess I don't know how to line up defensively.

I continue to hear about strong armed quarterbacks, also hear that we are weak at wide receiver.

We are going to look like "gangbusters" at the beginning of the 2015 Season, however, after all of the "hooping and hollering" comes a time to face off with some that understand "not much has changed in Athens".

Yes, lot of talent, defense appears to be deeper at most positions.

I also know that our head coach likes to say or . . . . has said that we (UGA) are trying to win the SEC East. Not going to open up old wounds, but . . . . I have to ask this question.

Is there anyone on this board that believes we are "short" on "talent"?

Allow me this . . . .

Why do "I" as head coach need someone that can throw a "spiral" for 60 yards or so?

If I am the head coach, offensive coordinator, I simply look at and address the "bad guys" this way . . . . what will muschamp, or any other defensive coordinator allow me to do for "four quarters"? What will Kirby Smart allow me to do between the Hedges? This ain't rocket science.

Believe this . . . . Depth is being built on the defensive side of the ball . . . . don't know yet about the offense. My suspicions are that Rob Sales will do just that.

Don't have a lot to say about Mark Richt saying the running backs are ready. I don't sit in Butts-Mehre . . . . If I did, probably would be relieved of my duties in short order.

Anyone that doubts that there is a lot of "politics" played in College Football . . . . sleep well tonight my friend.

Go Dawgs, some say, what about . . . . "Coaching Them Up".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67697 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
The G-game was April 11 over a month ago. We knew then that a starter at QB had not been named yet a month later

the heads are writing like it was just happening.

The skill is having something to write about when there is nothing to write about and make it worth reading......

The tribe is waiting for feeding time......

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 11 months ago #67698 by Buc
yd1, #8 "fits". ;)

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67710 by Buc
NC_Dawg brought this recruiting thread to the board. Believe there is much to be looked at when discussing recruiting.

I believe that what I am seeing since Willie Martinez left is an improvement. There was a certain amount of talent making its way to Athens.

Believe that there was a "short time" of improvement when grantham was hired. Very short.

Unless my eyes deceive me, when Pruitt/Rocker and Company arrived, seems to me that there was improvement. It is easy enough for me to hit the keys and produce names. So, using a phrase that I often use . . . . from where I sit, there has been a positive change.

Also, allow me this. ogredawg is right when he says this, show me. Have said that before. I say ogredawg is 100% right. I also know that if ogredawg says and he has before . . . . if I am wrong will be the first to say so. That my Brothers is the truth if ever it has been said.

Don't know of course how many members go back through threads and posts and read them. Lots of information about "real UGA Football talk" there. Sometimes folks that post here do so because they want to be a part. Like me I suppose, otherwise why would I spend hours of free time on this board?

Most of you know me, so I am going to get back to where my "gray matter" was when I started this little THINGY.

If you read this and have the time . . . . speaking only to the "new hires on the UGA Football Staff", post an opinion as to why you like that particular coach. If you feel you don't have any insight, that is what it is. Just trying to get a "feel" for what board members think in 2015. Express yourself any way you feel "suits you and your feelings".

I start with this . . . .

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122114aab.html

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mark_hocke_947389.html

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020915aaa.html

Finally this . . . . Can not count the number of times that I have watched Mark Hocke on this video. Anyone on this board "ever . . . . EVER see a video about UGA Football with this intensity coming out of the Strength and Conditioning area"?

Time to say this.

No longer does our program have Mark Richt's influence that followed him from FSU. Meaning, the coaches and close friends. All of the Mark Richt apologists, say this to you . . . . Alabama hard nosed football coaches have moved our program forward. Chances now are better than they have been since 2001 that we can make our way to the Final Four. Cannot end this without say this . . . . Tracy Rocker, I hope you spend years with the Red and Black, some of us know your value to the "Money Maker" . . . . the "Golden Goose".

I have another coach in mind that I started a post on today, yes a long post, dumped it. Have some history on that particular coach that much is not posted or none of the media have the insight to look deeper.

Mark Hocke is a "vital part" of UGA Football, says as much in the video. :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #67711 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Agree CMH is one intense coach that can be said about all the members of the Bama gang

Blame yourself Buc but you made a believer out of me and the OL. My guy CRS

Need the road graders out in front. NC would be the first to tell you the value of this OL

AM. Bought the uglies ice cream Felt after we lost CWF that we needed to be sure this hire

Was a qualified teacher and recruiter. Pleased what CRS has done recruiting and watching his

Videos he his engaged with his players. He will get us a center ready before fall camp ends

We will also have a solid rotation built on quality depth. LSU's loss are gain. Put it in the vault Buc

CRS. Is the real deal. And he doesn't chew gum during press interviews. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago #67712 by Buc
Good read yd1.

Another coach that I real high on is Mike Ekeler.

Roquan Smith will never regret the day that he put the pads on and had Ekeler there as . . . . one (1) of his coaches. Roquan is going to play several positions, and my bet is that he will see a lot of playing time in 2015.

Reminds me of Lavonte David that plays for Tampa in the NFL. Started in the NFL as a recruit. David praises Ekeler for being where he is. Have more to say about Ekeler later.

Nebraska's loss, Georgia's gain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds