Forum

Speaking Of Recruiting,......

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67687 by NC_Dawg
Speaking Of Recruiting,...... was created by NC_Dawg
Here's a last name many of you will remember,.......

Nephew of UGA football legend opens up about recruiting

The best 2016 prospect from Georgia that you’ve heard the least about is probably Charlie Woerner.

The 4-star receiver from Rabun County High School doesn’t have a Twitter account. He doesn’t really go to prospect camps. And he’s not much into the hoopla and hype of recruiting.

But recruiters are into the 6-foot-5, 220-pound Woerner. He’s rated as the state’s No. 13 overall prospect (and my guess he’d be in the top six if he did the camp circuit).

His top schools appear to be UGA, Alabama, Clemson, Oregon and Michigan.

Read more at: Another Woerner!!!

******************************************************************************************

Looks like another banner recruiting class filled with talent, and of course, the "Savior". Perhaps it's because I've heard the chorus before, but I refuse to believe the hype, the hope or the promises.......Rather,.......

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67688 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
At this point on another site it has Woerner listed as 100% UGA bound. If that proves to be what happens, Woerner along with a couple of others are going to be hard to defend against.

Watched his Hudl video, tough as nails, maybe Junkyard Dawg is more appropriate. Believe he will end up as a tightend. Speed, moves and toughness to be a great tightend. Not all about himself . . . . he has it and does not need to showcase for anyone. Bravo.

Good selection NC_Dawg.

link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpi...?bctid=4246168700001

Edit . . . . Like the number on Woerner's "Red" High School Jersey. He is awesome on the tightend screen.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1760927/highlights/214481392/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67689 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
I bet Scott will make SURE he does things the Georgia Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67691 by Buc
Guess the following cannot be considered "recruiting".

The Board approved a two-year contract extension for McGarity which will go through June 30, 2019.

Is what it is.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67692 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Mac Scrooge knows his place. Pay and perks to good to toss. Row knows better the devil you

Know rather one you don't. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 11 months ago #67694 by Buc
Thought the article below "parrots" what several on this board have said. Guess we don't have to belong to the "media" to get it right, many times without a "pass" to Butts-Mehre.

Keep thinking that sooner or later "one" of these young pups are going to realize that in the "fan base" there are those that have been in the "arena" and also have published more material than they will spend years trying to equal at this point in time.

Appears to me that the AJC is on another "mission". Mentioned earlier, with the newest addition to the corps of beat writers, hoping to see some "real talent" step up. Back in the day, a newcomer in the newsroom was welcomed much like a rookie is welcomed to the NFL. Read from that what you want, just "hang around" and watch . . . . AJC always manages to step on its own toes, they however were never very good at college sports reporting after Bisher/Outlar hung up their "writing cleats".

Anyway . . . . Lots to look closely at in the link below. :)

athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25...eview-and-prediction

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds