Forum

Speaking Of Recruiting,......

8 years 11 months ago #67778 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
More stoopid crap from the rags looking for clicks. If anyone thinks that Ramsey will not be the starting QB and that we would bring in a QB just to run the team until we are "saved" should think again.

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67780 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
You know, I know, figure that most on "this board know".

These games will be played prior to SS.

That is when MR can appease the masses that he gave everyone a shot at the starting quarterback job.

Someone needs to explain to me that the three quarterbacks can "separate" themselves from each other in a short amount of time. I think about that. Two games prior to Spurrier?

Anyone want to go through the games before SS and his group?

ULM Warhawks game one. Between the Hedges.

Vanderbilt Commodores game two. Nashville.

Gamecocks between the "Hedges" game three.

Question.

What prevents us, Georgia from moving forward? A given if I am allowed to say that the "first two games are in the bag". Right?

South Carolina comes to Athens with one thought . . . . SS loves to win one game if no others on their schedule . . . .

Another question.

Why is it that SS can and does beat us? This is what Steve Spurrier has had to say about playing against Georgia, whether he was the head coach in Florida or South Carolina.

Spurrier on Georgia recruiting: "Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

Is that statement not the "truth"?

Another question . . . .

Looking at the *****'s, seems to me that we are off and running again. Maybe we are having our best recruiting year ever.

What happens after the players arrive in Athens? Do they forget how to "win"?

Who has been reaching out to improve the Red and Black? Maybe this is the better question to ask . . . . why are we still looking to the future? Are we going to close the door on the young men that will put the pads on this year? I believe that to be a fair question to those that read this board.

Anyone believe that the talent on the defense is lacking? Might be that we will find out if Pruitt/Rocker and Company have gotten better in "year two (2)". Mark Richt as head coach has been given 14 years, entering his fifteenth year as head coach to "do what"?

Question.

Why did it take our head coach 14 years to figure out what was needed to keep the Red and Black in the "running"?

Am I wrong to ask that question? Do any of the members on this board ever ask that question? Can only speak for myself.

OMT . . . . ONE MORE TIME . . . . Do folks my age have to wait another 14 or 15 years to say the things that are often said now?

Believe it or not . . . . we are on the same side or page, we wear the same "colors". Help me. VD had one (1) NC, and how many years did that take?

Comes a time when some of the folks need to take a "close look" at where Georgia Football is. Easy for folks to say next year or the year after, or ten years from now or . . . .

Hard for me to listen to "stuff" about next year or two years down the road.

Give me something "other" than two years down the road when we will be "all that".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67789 by Buc
Mentioned a couple of days back that the AJC is becoming "amusing". For me at least.

Reminds me a bit of Georgia Football bringing in the "new formation" of coaches from West of the Chattahoochee.

Carvell has had a "fire lit under his butt".

Seth Emerson, the new and sparkling addition to the AJC has garnered some "attention" from those that have been "sleepwalking" for much too long.

The beat reporters or whatever their title is these days, have a new and fancy model on board. Reminds me of the earlier years when automobiles changed body design and there was a new game in town.

Doraville, Hapeville, Lakewood rolled out the "new stuff". Fences around the three plants were covered with tarps. AJC is using the same "stuff" that was going on in the 1950's and 60's. AJC is hoping that some of us will try and "peep" at the new model(s). Public Relations has not changed much in the past 50 or so years.

"Pouty" has had a long stay, much like football coaches that feel the "seat" belongs to them. Much like those that are privileged to sit before the "head coach" and . . . . ask "not" anything that will upset the Group. Do not "confuse" the head coach in a "presser". He has problems solving elementary problems . . . . gamecocks, florida, tech. Do not really care if the head coach is "only responsible" for two of the three F'ups. He wears the "crown".

Appears to me that the AJC has had an awakening, time for new blood, fresher points of view, and those that are allowed to keep their seats in Butts-Mehre. Anyone on this board remember Terence Moore? I do.

recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/05/30/uga-d...for-big-cat-weekend/

The above article is the best that Carvell can do, he will soon either get better, or . . . . shake hand with Terence Moore.

Guess we will see what you have to offer Seth Emerson. Many of us will read and . . . . comment. Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #67798 by Buc
The topic in the link below has been covered extensively on this site recently . . . . has been a topic here for several years.

Now the "media" steps up like this change of course is something that Dawgs.com is not and has not covered for years.

Paying particular attention to what our head coach said in the link.

“Sometimes you catch a little momentum that way and get the right guys that have influence of other kids in the state and they all kind of like each other, they all like the idea of playing together,” Richt said. “We’re selling that.”

Excuse me sir . . . . Pruitt/Rocker and Company "have sold that since their arrival". Some of us referring to this change as "coaching". Where have you been since 2006/2007? Just like the PR work going on now in your behalf, another great move by Mark Richt. Fix the damn restrooms. Thank Pruitt/Rocker and Company for stepping out not only on the recruiting trail, as mentioned in the link, last "two (2) years" . . . . just quit hiding behind your lack of "know how".

Whether anyone on this board gets tired of hearing me harp or not, said at the beginning of the year, going to call it as "I" see it.

Those that disagree . . . . put me on the "right path".

Say this . . . . why should I think anything at the "top" has changed.

Do I want a football team that is "prepared to play", you bet. Do I want our head coach making game decisions that hold the balance of the game in his hands? Maybe others should answer that. A handful on this board that are not fooled by the media, public relations department and the group. The ass kissers jobs rely on doing just that . . . . kissing butt.

I love college football, just hate to see our players go at it for four quarters, most of the time and then have our 4 million dollar head coach come out after the game and "apologize" for his . . . . using ogredawg's word . . . . "stoopidity". Shoe fits, wear it.

Interesting comments in the link below.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/homeg...s-all-right-with-me/

More
8 years 10 months ago #67800 by Buc
Still a slow time in the offseason.

May be a time to ask "serious questions". I think so.

What will Georgia do with this less than "able" punter? When our head coach actually questions our punter, folks we have a problem, me thinks.

Is this a part of the "change over" that Richt is giving us? Meaning, the punter was MR's choice prior to the "good stuff" that happened after Pruitt/Rocker and Company.

If we can't repair our urinals, how the hell are we going to be able to improve our Special Teams"? Not the first time the "Special Teams" questions have hit the internet. Goes back years . . . . years. Frankly I don't call it stubborn, go more to the word "stoopid".

All I am asking for is this . . . . "Direction". That follows closely the word "Leadership". Is there a better time to look closely and face up to "problems" like kicking and punting. . . . this is the "off season". Anyone want to rate our punting game? For those that follow the media and their *****'s . . . . where do we rate our punting game? SEC and punting have long been a part of the formula to winning games.

Don't care if you are one of those that like to talk about running backs, quarterbacks or any position that is going to make us better . . . . check back over many years and see just exactly the number of games won with solid punting. Maybe check the 2014 Season, don't have to look back decades. Might want to look again at the Blair Walsh saga in Athens. Outstanding kicker in Florida high school football. Continually kicked the football out of the endzone in high school. Moved his foot to Athens under our head coach and what? Graduated, went to the Vikings and became the "best kicker" in Pro Football. What really grabbed my attention was Mark Richt saying that he was going to "study" and get "involved" with our kickers. Never F'ing happened, Carney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67802 by Buc
Enjoy what this photograph represents.

Nick Chubb traveling to Hogansville to be with Terry Godwin.

Check Chubb's chest and shoulders out, along with his hands. Trouble for any team facing him in 2015.
Attachments:

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds