Forum

Speaking Of Recruiting,......

8 years 11 months ago #67722 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Sunday morning, looking around and see more of our team being all that "a year or two down the road".

Those that seem to think we have any chance of playing solid football in 2015 appear to be a lot of "outsiders".

Comes down to the way the media and those that think scoring is the only way to play football.

Erk said, "they don't score, we don't lose".

Does Jacob Eason mean any more to Georgia football than . . . .

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/geo-m-footbl-mtt.html

Glad that Jacob Eason selected Georgia as his team to play for in college. No one will pull harder than myself and others for Eason to be all that. Why wouldn't we?

Will add this . . . . Jacob Eason will not be all that if he does not have a supporting cast. Took Mark Richt 15 years to figure that out, and still stubborn as hell about Special Teams.

I have come to the conclusion that our head coach cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. Ugly, don't think so when we compare what has transpired since his arrival.

Old school that I come from, more to football than a quarterback.

One video that I watched this morning had Mark Richt saying that Brian Schottenheimer will call the plays for the Georgia offense. Again mentioned that the only real change in the offense this year, terminology. If anyone buys that, oh well . . . . I have no doubts that Brian Schottenheimer will call many of the same plays, however, here is what I am hoping for . . . . Inside the four yard line of the opponent, first down, momentum, top running backs in the SEC, and country, and I need not finish, not finish like our last offensive coordinator did in that situation.

Much has been said about our defense in JAX, and I agree for the most part. Along with that after having watched the film again, our offensive play calling was . . . . offensive, meaning a lack of thought and preparation.

Just trying to gather my thoughts. Keep reading what the beat writers have to say, maybe I should be pointing toward Jacob Eason upon his arrival, until then . . . . ?

Going to add this. Nick Chubb is all that. Any thoughts about a defense that returned the football to the offense in 2014, a lot more than a previous defense, chosen by you know who. Nick Chubb gets more and better opportunities when our defense creates turnovers, turnovers that basically were caused by the same defensive personnel that were the year before waving their arms in frustration. Remember? That is not a shot at Nick Chubb, it just goes to comparison of players. Nick Chubb, proven. Jacob Eason, here is hoping.

Every video I have seen with Nick Chubb being the center of attention, he deflects the attention to his teammates.

Supposedly our head coach "preaches" holding on to the ball, stresses it. That is a must if a team wants to win, in most cases. Making the right decisions in the crunch on the sideline is just as valuable as holding on to the ball. Running back continues to fumble, what happens . . . . most times loses playing time. Coach continues to make mistakes with the game on the line, what? Is there a difference?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67723 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Buc. Thanks for sharing your Sunday prospecting on the web. Still feel heads talking about 2016 and

Beyond because of our pass ability to self destruct. IMO. we learn not to stumble over our own

Feet we will see better results. Yes this falls on the HC. Seems that the the HC has and is learning

From the Alabama gang. I pay little attention to any coaches pressers. What the do during the

Game is of greater importance. We will know by the end of the USC game what lies ahead for

2015. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67724 by Buc
Bill King got my attention again with the following.

McGarity and that Group have to have folks jump all over them to get any movement. Much like Pruitt did on the subject of the Indoor Practice Facility.

One of the issues raised in the column is focusing on what the "athletes" have meant to the university. Would pose this question, not necessary to answer, just trying to make a point.

Would you rather have a VD statue on campus or a Herschel Walker look alike? When football conversations come up concerning Georgia Football, are they more about VD or HW?

Was a part of the Northside of Sanford Stadium for many years, also a part of the Southside.

Sky Club Folks certainly were allocated the bucks from the Higher Ups. Atta Boy Claude Felton, removed the wax from "several ears".

Snatched this from the Bill King article.

As someone who sits on the North side, GG, I can back you up on that. While the restrooms added in the Reed Plaza area of Sanford Stadium a few years ago are fine — utilitarian and certainly not deluxe, but at least clean and functional — the ones along the main concourse in the older part of the stadium on the North side are flat-out disgusting. The restrooms are the No. 1 complaint about the stadium I’ve heard from fans, and the tweet from UGA Facilities about the South side restroom renovations appeared to acknowledge that when it said: “You spoke and we listened, Bulldog Nation!” I put the question about renovating the North restrooms to Claude Felton, and he said that while the South side renovation is being done this year, “the North side restroom renovation will take place in phases beginning next year.” He added that “there is also a South side Sky Club renovation taking place now.” So, I guess us Northsiders will have to put up with antiquated facilities for another season. Let’s hope they at least bother to clean and unlock all the restrooms in time for the opening game, unlike last year.

Believe it has been mentioned on this board several times about the "squeaky wheel", McGarity and Mahogany Row.

For damn sure McGarity and Mahogany Row heard what Jeremy Pruitt had to say.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67725 by Buc
Right on yd1.

Here is where I am at with the Gamecocks.

They are going to be better than some think. Steve Spurrier fits that saying about putting someone in a corner. Whether we choose to believe that SS is in a corner, I for one believe that SS is a shortimer and he wants to do something "special" for South Carolina before moving on to play golf several times a week.

Some won't like or agree with this, but . . . . Steve Spurrier has meant a lot to Southeastern Conference Football. Innovative and he understood that changes needed to be made in the SEC. Any time one team does something different and it works, here come the others. Football or business world, does not make a difference. I don't call it piling on, I believe it is a very smart move to recognize "progress".

Another lesson that we talk about UGA learning.

Anyone that thinks differently, check our latest hires in Athens. Alabama and Nick Saban/Kirby Smart have gotten the attention of those running our program in the Classic City. Why? Because it works.

Said this recently, take heed my friends.

The gators made a hire at the head coaching position that has the athletes in Florida listening. Make hay before the rain comes.

While I have been early with my thoughts on the current coaches in Athens, those that don't like to repair rest rooms at the "ground level" and recognize the talented group in Athens that came across the Chattahoochee from West to East, will slip back into the days from 1980 until recently.

Just my thoughts, again.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67726 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Make a small bet once the IPF is up and running and awesome. Sanford will be next for major

Upgrade. Like a lady with a new dress. Shoes and other accessories. A must....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67727 by Buc
Thought that I would add this, meant to in the last post.

Anyone remember Mark Richt trying to lure Kirby Smart away from Nick Saban? I do.

Took a while but what has happened is more than one coach that left Alabama now resides in Athens.

Who the hell knows, maybe our head coach kept "one eye open". Sometimes those that need help the most are the ones that hesitate to ask for help.

What I witnessed in 2014. We hired Jeremy Pruitt, what has happened after that is a far cry from the "Richt Doctrine" prior to 2014. Will it pay dividends? Sometimes on the big board it takes a bit longer than one year. If you don't subscribe to that . . . . check Alabama before and after Nick Saban arrived. Another case in point . . . . check Florida football before and after Steve Spurrier.

For the Richt apologists . . . . open "both eyes".

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds