Forum

Monday Water Cooler

8 years 11 months ago #67550 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Water Cooler
Last week, May 6th, Wednesday, had the pleasure of sitting down and talking to Tre Nixon's Mother. Great Mom and a blessing to both of her sons that play football. Tre's brother has signed to play with Western Kentucky, think I have that right.

Earlier I had mentioned that Tre Nixon reminds me so much of Chris Conley. Great character on and off of the field. Also said that Tre would play some as a freshman, yes he is as good as the video shows below.

Not to give anything away, it is a bond built on trust between folks "talking football futures". Tre has somewhere around 40 scholarship offers and from what I could gather in the conversation, it boils down to three(3) universities at this point, Georgia is one of the three. Much can change with Tre playing football one more year, Senior year.

All of this takes me back to this . . . . Bryan McClendon and Brian Schottenheimer have sat in the Nixon home with Mom and Tre. If I have said it one time, probably have said it a thousand times, BMac is HUGE, when it comes to recruiting in Florida for the Red and Black. Schottenheimer grades out very high, knows that Tre is that downfield receiver that Jacob Eason will love throwing the ball to.

Say again, three universities are very close . . . . one of the three, or a late entry is going to have a great young talent. If he chooses another university, I wish Tre the best, just an honor to spend some time with his Mother.

Have posted this before . . . . so what is new.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2187812/highlights/207844396/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67551 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
Buc Wrote:

...Read a couple of posts recently by some of the “old timers”. From what I gathered, take the summer off, come back in the fall, this is how it works, year after year. Never too old for an old dawg to learn new tricks.

No Way!!!....You may be tempted by hiatus, but it simply isn't a Bucism!...Preach Brother Buc!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67552 by NC_Dawg
Since the news is a little slow this week, allow me to chime in on what has made it to ink............

ND X QB Golson: Meh,....He needs a home more than we need his baggage. Let USCe, or one of the ACC's wannabe's deal with this primadonna!

Patriots/Brady: Got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, ....AGAIN! Punishment pales when compared to the reality of what THIS cheating cycle bought them. Money talks.......just look no further than Congress to see this example play out daily!

Lastly: Looks like Jean Shorts Universities loss will likely be AllBarn or Bama's gain:

>>>>REALLY<<<<<

Just another summer prequel, let's hope we stay away from the "by-lines" this year!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67553 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Water Cooler
NC_Dawg, correct, correct and correct.

I especially don't want Golson. We have enough trouble with our QBs, ONE OF WHOM needs to just step up and TAKE the job. Mercenary Golson isn't a Dawg and never will be. I'd rather suffer through a bad season at QB than tolerate a non-Dawg behind center.

Tom Brady is the poster boy for cheating, but he learned it from a master - Belichick. The NFL doesn't want teams just going out there and cheating, especially in the playoffs, even if it's just a little "cute trick". Nerf football indeed.

And yes, 'Bama and Abuurn always seem to prosper from the misfortune of others. Anyone know whatever became of Jonathan Taylor? (Not that I really care - just curious.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67554 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Water Cooler
Some inside information . . . . I think.

There are some sites that are doing what I call the "dipsy doodle". Yes, it is that time of the year . . . . again.

Much is going on, know that some of the coaches are pounding the pavement, big time.

Whether we are all on the same page or not, the group in Athens that are doing the pounding, getting ready for not only 2015, they are leaving some serious talk on the recruiting trail with more talent than ever before, maybe in the history of UGA recruiting. Correct that statement . . . . never has Georgia recruited like this group of coaches are doing. Dead serious about changing the past in Athens.

One of the universities that is also recruiting harder than ever before, Tennessee. They are not shy about telling young recruits that they are ready to play any team in the SEC.

Alabama is already working on the 2018 recruits. Seems a bit far out, but it goes to show that there has not been a let down in Tuscaloosa.

This group of coaches in Athens are on the same path. If there are 3 or 4 of the recruits that all of us are aware of take up residence in Athens, it will be the best ground work laid ever from a coaching group for the Red and Black.

Some of the sites are making mention of an almost depleted wide receiver corps. First off, not true. The talent that is in Athens right now can and will compete with any SEC team. Lots of smoke coming from those that seek readership. The list of wide receivers that "want" to play between the Hedges is enormous. These players are up close to what is not being said in the Butts-Mehre building to the gathering of beat writers with passes. Right now there is a handful of wide receiver talent that are ready to invade the Classic City, and many of these young men are "aware" of the talent that BMac and Schottenheimer are after.

Rob Sales is a "monster" on the recruiting trail. This coach fears nothing, have heard several comments on his efforts. He is a no BS recruiter. Add to that, the same can be said for every coach on the trail for Georgia.

This could be Schottenheimer's calling . . . . UGA. He and Bmac have hit a "friendship relationship" that surpasses coaching for the same team and same group of players. BMac moving back to receivers coach in my mind is just as important as Pruitt taking over the defense. Say again . . . . BMAC is HUGE in Florida. On top of that, there are many great high school football players in Florida, same can be said for Georgia.

Folks UGA is quickly rising to new heights. Truth.

Time of the year when many catch the "disease". Georgia football is back. Won't take long into the 2015 SEC Season to see whether or not "football has changed in Athens". Leave with this . . . . More talent than I have seen in more years than I choose to count. Keep an eye on Ekeler, his name is being mentioned in Florida. Solid coaching staff . . . . my wish is this . . . . Mark Richt continue to do what you are doing now . . . . staying out of the way of the position coaches.

Did not mean to be this long, but there is a lot to be said about Georgia football, even in the "off season".

:) Buc
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, DAWGtm

More
8 years 11 months ago #67555 by NC_Dawg
Told you!!!!

Nice intel.....Thanks!

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds