Forum

Monday Water Cooler

8 years 11 months ago #67556 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Water Cooler
"Some of the sites are making mention of an almost depleted wide receiver corps. First off, not true. The talent that is in Athens right now can and will compete with any SEC team. Lots of smoke coming from those that seek readership. "

Absolute truth, right there.

This is what "depleted" looks like:

No. 16 Isaiah McKenzie
No. 26 Malcolm Mitchell
No. 86 Justin Scott-Wesley
No. 9 Kenneth Towns
No. 23 Shakenneth Williams

Is it as deep as we would like? No, it never is. Depleted? Hardly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67557 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
Depleted no....depth issue yes...but IF they use the RB's and TE's correctly the "depth" issue is easy to over come.

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 11 months ago #67558 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
ogredawg wrote:

....IF they use the RB's correctly

TRUTH !!!!

That means the anointed one keeps his nose outta BOTH sides of the ball game and continue to perfect his tan!

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
8 years 11 months ago #67559 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Water Cooler
NC_Dawg you mentioned that you have been where I am now. I have gone back and looked at every post that has been made on this site, from the beginning. You were/are (the leader), not going to stand by and watch "you" take time off from this site. I have shoulders, but I am not easily moved left or right of center.

This I know. You are not afraid to get down in the dirt. This site has "many" that walk that same path.

I chuckle sometimes when I read that Buc has free time, others have to work their way toward "old age" so they also have "free time". Have no idea how long and hard or hours put in weekly, monthly or yearly by posters that prevent posting.

Been around and participated in more sites than Dawgs.com. Truthfully more powerful sites that reach the numbers that produce "results" that all "site owners" strive for. I am here because I know that there is "talent galore". Talent like Growl, DAWGtm, and others. In my mind those two are "newbies", even though they have been here for several years. Leaving the "old timers" not listed, they know who they are.

Takes me to this . . . . on this board there are too many names for me to type here that are as good or better than some of the sites that I have participated in/with. Talking about members that are far more into what this site "Dawgs.com" are "capable" of doing. There is an "open opportunity" for this site to grow, many sites are either shutting down, or don't have the same "type membership" that posts on Dawgs.com.

Single biggest concern that I have with Dawgs.com . . . . "Reluctance". Not on the "Boss" on those that really don't understand just how "good they are".

It is very difficult to get posters to move off center, let it go. Real journalism comes first off from "caring" and "trying" also to "understand" that what they have to "offer is light years above what they read". Question??? How many articles do you read that "repeat your thoughts"? Don't f'ing come in second, step up.

Take the Summer off . . . . I have this question. Those with the "brassies" answer this question, that is unless you want to remain in the background. Just understand that when the Fall Season arrives, don't act like you are all that. Truthfully it amounts to this . . . . you are doing nothing more than playing this game . . . . "Follow The Leader". Why post what others have written? Too many sell themselves short on this site. Yes, I said that.

End with this. Georgia football is basically split down the middle on our head coach. "Would you follow the same game plan that our head coach has given us in 14 going on 15 years"? Not a tough question. A question that most of the sites will not visit, with that wording. Yes, I keep a count on what is said here. Do you?

Do I need to say . . . . Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up? Not as much as I needed to a short time back. Agree? Disagree?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 11 months ago #67560 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Water Cooler
After my last post, read from those that came up and said exactly what they thought.

ogredawg has been here, stayed true to his beliefs, tried hard not to make enemies. Listen to him, he is "important". Yes, I said that, too/also. ;)

NC_Dawg gave ogredawg a "high five" . . . . "knowledgable understanding".

I keep this in mind . . . . as good as our recruiting has been, we still don't have the "top recruiting spot". Speaks to SEC football and just how good the Conference is.

Not "moved' by "stars", that belongs to those that "feed the frenzy". Said that also.

Call it anything we want . . . . Ohio State at this point will be the "chosen one (1) in 2015". Just how many 5***** do they have at this point? Is urban meyer that much better than Mark Richt? Just asking. urban meyer has a lot of 4**** players, guess he can do more with "less".

Any new "chatter" from Mahogany Row on the IPF? They like it when we are "silent". Said that. Will say it again, several times I would wager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
8 years 11 months ago #67561 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Monday Water Cooler
Agree Buc. I also like this group of coaches like the additions of all the quality control staff. But we seem to most always have a very promising off season full of hope of things to come and if they gave a NC for that we would be in contention every year. On the other hand I wouldn't want it any other way a couple of years ago when I thought we were stuck with TT and had no hope for the next season. The cool aid was mighty bitter and I didn't like it. But the storm passed and hope returned so I'll take mine with extra sugar because when the season starts it will be time to put it away but until then I'll take a sip or two and envision the things that I know these young men on campus can accomplish and maybe just maybe CMR has learned from the young pups he has on staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds