Forum

Monday Water Cooler

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67585 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Water Cooler
Going to be real interesting when the recently hired coaches contracts expire.

The more successful movement I have seen recently is the hiring of coaches that not only understand the game, they actively participate in improving the product.

As mentioned above . . . . why are we having problems at quarterback? Same applies to wide receiver. Also mentioned earlier . . . . what happened around the 2006/2007 Seasons? Why is it that we find a way to lose 3 or 4 games a year after that period? We have the same head coach and the fire Richt forces have basically silenced.

Several coaching changes both coming and going in the period mentioned. Takes me right back to what has been said here and elsewhere for several years . . . . The "Group" that runs the football program for UGA only move off center when their hand is forced.

The following press release made me become more upset with our program.

First year defensive coordinator speaks out about the need for a Indoor Practice Facility. Fans get behind Pruitt, forces the Group to fall in line. Soon after Mahogany Row steps out and says Georgia will build a Indoor Practice Facility. Public Relations Department gets super busy and starts writing copy for those of us that are "outside the arena". They are quick to mention that the IPF was originally a Richt suggestion. BS.

Mark Richt said this at the time . . . .

“Football is an outdoor sport,” he said. “We don’t want to get too soft around here.” Sound like someone that is "actively" pursuing a reported "30 million dollar facility".

Going to post an article that I have visited more than once over a period of time. Yes I was a fan/supporter that supported AM from the start, even after his "wheels were removed" and lack of "arm strength".

www.ajc.com/weblogs/uga-sports/2013/mar/...eed-indoor-facility/
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, sadlerdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67586 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
sadlerdawg wrote:

...As always, I hope I'm wrong, but......

Sadly, you're not wrong....This has been our course, our mission, since 2006. Even with epic talent, the anointed one manages to "wet the bed" at least once a season! I suspect it may arrive as soon as the USCe game, but certainly by Bama, when the thoughts, hopes and prayers will shift to 2016 and the arrival of the "savior"!

Wash, Rinse, Repeat,............................................sigh!!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 11 months ago #67587 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
NC_Dawg wrote:

Sadly, you're not wrong

Yeah, I know. I just started posting that I hoped I was wrong years ago after my realistic posts were deemed negative by a few subjects who suggested I may be hoping for things to be bad to prove my point, which of course, is and always has been an absurd claim by the richt disciples. It's more or less become a tradition now since it's been going on for so long. Who knows, maybe someday I'll actually be wrong about richt... :whistle:

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago #67588 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Water Cooler
Sorry, this is wavering a bit, but . . . . Too damn good to not post. :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #67589 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
Yah, there were plenty disciples early on....I was one, but began my change in 2006....Notice though, the number of ardent CMR advocates, at least herein, are fewer by each passing season....Now, there are plenty of sites that have industrial sunshine pumps operating 24/7, but here.......not so much.....

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
8 years 11 months ago #67590 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
My attitude started to change after we barely beat an outclassed Wisconsin team in the 2005 Outback Bowl and sealed when West Virginia scored 28 unanswered points barely into the 2nd qtr. in the 2006 Sugar Bowl that was played in Atlanta. Although we came back the closeness of the score was not an indication of how thoroughly we were beaten by a team that was from then the lowly Big East.

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds