Forum

Monday Water Cooler

8 years 11 months ago #67562 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Water Cooler
DAWGtm, your post above is exactly what I am trying to get across. You know that I have watched and read all of your posts. No reason for you not to continue just like above. Spit, you know the game, where does it say that any of the "old timers" on this board have to ask you to step up. Probably you have forgotten more than some of us know. I say that for this reason . . . . game has changed, where does it say that "old timers" know everything . . . . Not from where I sit. I am f'ing old.

If I post here, will give my opinion. Why would that stop knowledgable posters like you from stepping up? I sometimes think that some of the board members are a "bit shy". To that I say this . . . . BS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67563 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
Buc once again thanks for the kind words. I got discouraged with a few of the so called big boards. All they were was a cheerleader squad and refused to see the bigger picture and the deep problems that still exist today. I quit going to those places before WM was booted. If I were to go back it would be much of the same so I hang here enemies or not makes no difference to me either way. I will refuse to pretend all is well and talk about 2 years away. The future is NOW not 2 years from now.

This team is the deepest it has been in 10 years and it is now on the coaches to produce at least to me a SEC Championship and the chance to win the NC. Anything less is a failure. I am tired of waiting for the coaches to produce. All or nothing this year at least for me.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago #67564 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Water Cooler
It seems like every year since I have started posting at this time of year we start discussing if there

Has been any real change in how we go about running our football program. And each year we

Have a group that thinks no and another that says yes. Have those who want to be shown before

Buying into the change by plays made on the field. Fact is that there has been change each year

The disappointment remains but the who and how has been different. True you can make the case

That CMR has been a central figure during our malaise .

Some salient points why truly this year is a major change for improvement

Look know further than the level of interest by HS players in coming and playing for our current staff

Of assistant coaches. We are getting our nose in the door were in the recent pass we had coaches

Would not return phone calls to a recruit. We did not have good relationships with HS coaches

CMB and CWF along with Bmac started to correct this. However our current group of coaches

are on fire. Yes Wart. need to wait for them to get in class and stay out of the back of police cars

Then make a difference on the field.... However the process starts way before that.... UGA is

Running with the big dogs..... Love it. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 11 months ago #67565 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
All the stuff I am reading above is good stuff. I say let's just keep on keeping on. We still have a very large number of readers even thought the posting is slim.

I want all the old timers back. By that I mean by age and the ones that have been along for the ride for a long time.

I miss dapolla. There is one for you. How about fire_dawg ? China_Dawg? Just throwing out a few names. Glad to see DawgDoc here and there. Praying for your wife doc.

It is summer. I understand the cycle of college ball does not include summer traditionally. Many of us are already waiting on fall and not much else going on.

But we can still chew the fat. The program. historical stuff, etc. Jump in and say what you want. Really, Try to be nice and respectable and I will stay loosened up on the rules. OK?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, yankeedawg1

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67566 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Water Cooler
Rules. what rules ???? What you think and why you think it about Georgia football is worth

Sharing........ Just kidding about the rules thingy Boss. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 11 months ago #67567 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Monday Water Cooler
Buc Wrote:

NC_Dawg you mentioned that you have been where I am now. I have gone back and looked at every post that has been made on this site, from the beginning. You were/are (the leader), not going to stand by and watch "you" take time off from this site. I have shoulders, but I am not easily moved left or right of center.....

....Takes me to this . . . . on this board there are too many names for me to type here that are as good or better than some of the sites that I have participated in/with. Talking about members that are far more into what this site "Dawgs.com" are "capable" of doing. There is an "open opportunity" for this site to grow, many sites are either shutting down, or don't have the same "type membership" that posts on Dawgs.com....

....Take the Summer off . . . . I have this question. Those with the "brassies" answer this question, that is unless you want to remain in the background. Just understand that when the Fall Season arrives, don't act like you are all that. Truthfully it amounts to this . . . . you are doing nothing more than playing this game . . . . "Follow The Leader". Why post what others have written? Too many sell themselves short on this site. Yes, I said that....

....Yes, I keep a count on what is said here. Do you?

Do I need to say . . . . Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up? Not as much as I needed to a short time back. Agree? Disagree?

Interesting read, and frankly one that further validates my earlier statement of you being what I was, many years ago. Yes, you often reflect upon reviewing the archived pages on this site, but this site is by no means the totality of Dawgs.com. The 164 archive pages reach back to 2005, I joined Dawgs.com before the millennium changed, back when there were only a handful of members. I was invited to this site by SherlockDawg, another one of the "originals" and I'll need stevedawg to confirm, but I believe the site was hosted elsewhere and after several site revisions a decision was made to move here.....Thus, all of our "early" years were forever lost.....Sadly......

Buc, you would have loved to read the posts from back in our formative years. These were truly tremulous times in the Classic City as "the program" was reeling from Coach DoNut, anxious to place our desires to be better than mediocre in the hands of a young unknown...Back then, this board rarely penned opines, rather we defended ourselves regularly against rival teams, whose writers descended upon us and questioned EVERYTHING about our program and its traditions...Back then I didn't find the humor in the daily "goings-on" but now I do. Back then it was like an all out war and I was a very vocal and outspoken advocate....and I pretty much remained in this capacity until that faithful night in January 2006, when the chinks in the anointed ones armor began to show.

It's important to note that CMR brought to our program a sense of stability and some immediate success. So much so that our "detractors" became fewer and fewer and this board morphed, in a sense, to what it is today. Unfortunately, the early stability and success was....short lived....and while we've had a few detractors pop on board to state the "obvious", this board has largely been content to internally discuss our merits, or lack thereof....Which brings us to the present.

In your earlier thread you stated a desire to "grow" this site. That's awesome, but that's YOU. That's what you want from and for this site...and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this type of drive and determination. However, don't expect everyone to join in this crusade. It's never been my intent to be a leader here. I simply wanted to join a nice, relatively small sized forum and engage in great discussions with like minded people. I found that here. Whether I'm here everyday, or just part of the time, its entirely my decision. As for the "all that" comment,.....seriously?....Like I said, I know my place, I know my history and really that's all that matters.

Like the world, this forum is filled with a variety of people, all with differing opinions, thoughts, hopes and desires. Who is anyone to say......."THIS"......is only only acceptable path? You keep blazing your path Brother Buc, I expect nothing less!.... But NO I don't keep count, I don't archive threads and I'll certainly continue to say.........

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, ogredawg, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds