Forum

Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65432 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
I loved how that article began by saying that McGarity is insulated enough that he claims to not hear the criticism.

Why would someone in charge want to insulate themselves and then talk about not hearing the complaints of the people as if he's proud of that fact.

Isn't that him basically giving the fans the middle finger, and being proud about it?

Ya know what.... I didn't read past that part and I'm not going to either. I already know the answer to the question are we a profit center or a program that puts winning as it's #1 priority. I also have come to realize why our program is built on the promise of "next year". That desire for something you've never had is a powerful allure when people think it's within arms reach. Presidents are elected on promises like "hope"... it's also great at keeping the money pouring in, so go support that program with your checkbook.... 'cause Richt is this |~| close, and next year could be the year. We "promise".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65433 by Buc
stevedawg posted . . . . And the indoor practice facility. Shameful. Look at the pictures posted on this forum about all the other team's facilities. We have nothing compared to them. BUT we have had the cash flow to do it for many years. Is it all gone on high salaries and media people?

Make it easy for folks to look at . . . .

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/t...es-college-football/

There is a need to ask "ourselves" this question. Will any of this happen if we stop posting it? The "Group" plays the "game" that way. I prefer to win the game, not going to "pooch kick" on this issue.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65434 by Buc
Was waiting for your post Wartdawg.

You said, and said it correctly, again.

That desire for something you've never had is a powerful allure when people think it's within arms reach.

Dangle that "carrot" . . . .

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65438 by Buc
And this . . . .

As for assistant salaries, Georgia’s rankings of fifth in the SEC and 13th nationally seems about right to McGarity, based on results.

“That’s about where we are,” he said. “That’s about where we should be. Are we there with LSU, and Alabama and Auburn of recent years? Probably not, because they’ve done great things, they’ve played in the bigger bowls. They’ve had great success on a national level better than us. So it’s all reflective of performance.”

McGarity says he does not pay attention to statistics in so many words, then comes up with the above.

McGarity "our football program" has declined since Season 2007 and after. An occasional bump in the road to make us look like we are ready to move up, then . . . . LSU, Alabama and Auburn have had great success you say. So who is in charge with "performance" . . . . starting at the top, Sir?

Sorry but . . . .

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65443 by Buc
McGarity says he is saving the money for a "rainy day". Bad weather came and went, and our team bussed to the Falcon facility. Lots of "leaks" in that thought process McGarity . . . . As you have mentioned, don't have to practice in an indoor facility "that much". News flash . . . . One or two games on the schedule needing the facility could be the difference in winning and losing a championship or major bowl game.

McGarity says this . . . .

From his desk, Greg McGarity is insulated enough that he claims not to hear the criticism, whether it be from fans, bloggers or others, that Georgia is not committed enough financially. Especially when it comes to the flagship football program.

Then this . . . .

“We’re not bound what other institutions are doing. We’re just bound by what’s good for our program,” McGarity said. “I would challenge to say what do they mean by cheap? Seriously, what are they referring to?”

An this . . . .

“We may have to dip into our reserve to pay that,” McGarity said. “People just think because it’s there we just spend it. It’s like a person’s 401(k): It’s there for a specific purpose, for a defined purpose, when you really need it, you basically go to your reserve if that’s your only means for providing facilities, (and) things of those lines.”

First off, it is very important that SEC Football is taken care of, and it will be. M&M will make that happen, just as they did when signing the contract with Slive for the SEC. By the way, seem to recall Disney putting a huge chunk of money in the SEC pockets that was not there prior to the agreement.

Makes me wonder this . . . . How did the other universities in our conference and some outside our conference build these "Indoor Practice Facilities" without Disney money? You really think and go along with the "arena talk", not a doubt in my mind, Sir.

Office on the top floor . . . . :whistle:

Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65457 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
"Rainy Day"? You can't build it on a rainy day. You have to build it now so it will be ready on a rainy day. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds