Forum

Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

9 years 4 months ago #65424 by Buc
Reading the article below, stopped several times to "mumble" to myself. Knew that sooner or later this type article was sure to come out of Athens.

Several (many) things that were said in the article justify in my mind what has been said on this board concerning issues that need answers. Quite frankly, after reading, did not get many answers, a lot of board room excuses.

I am going to highlight one piece of the article to begin with, feel sure I will return with more. Wondering if others find some of the one sided conversation by McGarity anything other than "one sided".

“I sleep pretty well at night, because I know when I go home I’ve given it my best,” McGarity said. “But I’ll let others judge me. I have a boss. We all have bosses. And my boss is the president. So he’ll let me know how I’m doing.”

McGarity, at some point there will be enough backlash for you to understand who the "real bosses are". Checked the fan base recently? Seems more are understanding the "methods" used by the "Group" don't fit those that actually keep the dollars flowing in the Classic City.

So many holes in the interview . . . .

www.macon.com/2014/12/13/3478645_georgia...-financial.html?rh=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65425 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
McGarity sleeps fine with his fat bank account.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65428 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
It boils down to this. Is the football team a profit center carefully controlled by managers or is it a college football program with a mission to win?

There is a lot of pressure. Big money and media that they are not used to dealing with. Some colleges know how to deal with this. They are media savvy. But others :whistle: are not. They are intimidated by the likes of M&M and ESPN and IMG. They hire consultants that guide them down the path of whatever. If given a look into the sausage factory you would be surprised how it made. :blink:

Enjoy this wonderfully warm December day folks. In the 60's here 40 miles north of Atlanta.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65429 by Buc
From the article written by Seth Emerson . . . .

“I think there are very few times that we have denied anything that is necessary for football,” McGarity said. “When we’re made aware of needs or desires for football, I don’t think there’s too many times where we haven’t responded and haven’t made things happen.”

For what this is worth.

McGarity signed on in Athens in 2010. Before and after his arrival, often it was mentioned and discussed the "Indoor Training Facility".

Recently the subject was brought up again not only by some on this board and others concerning the "ITF", specifically by Jeremy Pruitt. There was silence from those above him for a period of time, in the article our head coach says that Pruitt spoke prematurely. How is that for kissing up?

Quote from the article . . . . Pruitt meant that a facility would be built for next season, but even Richt said that was “overzealous.” The wheels are still moving on the project. Wheels still moving? The "Group" got it's butt backed into a corner with the Pruitt statement. Good on Pruitt, his "wheels" move, and he seems to prefer stopping with the BS. Yes BS, McGarity/Richt.

The only reason that I can gather at this point in time concerning the "ITF" and discussion is . . . . Enough "heat" from those that McGarity does not seem to understand that will at some point be those that "he works for".

Careful with your "words" McGarity, some "outside the arena" read and understand English, not much on BS, Sir.

There is so much more.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65430 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
In the real world bonuses and high salaries are paid for performance. If there is no financial incentive to win then managers tend to go soft and get narcissist.

We have the talent on the field. No SEC or NC this year. Just a 'wait till next year'.No one is accountable?

And the indoor practice facility. Shameful. Look at the pictures posted on this forum about all the other team's facilities. We have nothing compared to them. BUT we have had the cash flow to do it for many years. Is it all gone on high salaries and media people?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 4 months ago #65431 by Buc

stevedawg wrote: It boils down to this. Is the football team a profit center carefully controlled by managers or is it a college football program with a mission to win?

There is a lot of pressure. Big money and media that they are not used to dealing with. Some colleges know how to deal with this. They are media savvy. But others :whistle: are not. They are intimidated by the likes of M&M and ESPN and IMG. They hire consultants that guide them down the path of whatever. If given a look into the sausage factory you would be surprised how it made. :blink:

Enjoy this wonderfully warm December day folks. In the 60's here 40 miles north of Atlanta.

stevedawg, nothing but the truth, the whole truth in your post.

From your post . . . .
If given a look into the sausage factory you would be surprised how it made. :blink:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds