Forum

Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

9 years 4 months ago #65474 by growl
How many people do you know that watched Cincy a Duke in 2012 or Cincy vs North Carolina in 2013 in the fabulous Belk Bowl? I don't know anyone!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65475 by Buc
Wartdawg, with all of the "stuff" that is fed to us through many/most of the media outlets, "they" have a "suspense file" on us. They have used it over and over. Even those that recently rode up have bought into next year or the one after.

As you say . . . . Much different era, and substantially different expectations.

What bothers me the most is the fact that they continue to get away with the same party line, year after year. I realize that is a much used phrase, but they continue to use "what works". For sure they will not change the formula. Why . . . . because if it "ain't broke, don't fix it".

Chief growl, as you point out, fixing it goes above Richt's head. McGarity said he would take care of things that our head coach should not be bothered with, just wanted our head coach to coach football. How is that working out Greg McGarity? You said you don't grade or make hasty decisions, you wait until the season is over and then do what "you" are paid handsomely to do. Guessing you are real happy about not having to write a check to Mark Richt for an extra $100,000 dollars this year. Had he delivered the "goods" making a payment to Richt would have also been easy, called added income through fans coming off of their dollars to play in a bowl that star players look at closely before signing the LOI.

I continue to look around at what is being said about Georgia Football. 9-3 at this point seems to work for those that did not take the time this season or seasons before concerning who beats us and some of the walkovers that we continue to schedule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65490 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
Anyone who is okay with the "3" in our 9-3 needs a whippin'.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65506 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
Hey... they've got the 2015 Fail excuse bandwagon going good already. Just read a BR article explaining how we're going to have a long 2015. First it's the new QB which I said before the start of this season that situation would be the 2015 excuse.

Then we also lose two top receivers, and 2 top LB's, and Swann...

Poor Richt... can't expect much more than 7-5 I guess because of all that unfortunate-ness that our HC has to face.
Shoot.. with all that going on maybe we should give him coach of the year if he can pull off 8-4.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65508 by Buc
Wartdawg, "they" really think they have 2015 under control.

Yes I do remember you mentioning the quarterback issue, more than once if memory serves me.

Quite frankly, even though this is the University of Georgia, there are many involved with UGA that do not belong there. Some of us know who they are, others I try to avoid.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65512 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote: Hey... they've got the 2015 Fail excuse bandwagon going good already. Just read a BR article explaining how we're going to have a long 2015. First it's the new QB which I said before the start of this season that situation would be the 2015 excuse.

Then we also lose two top receivers, and 2 top LB's, and Swann...

Poor Richt... can't expect much more than 7-5 I guess because of all that unfortunate-ness that our HC has to face.
Shoot.. with all that going on maybe we should give him coach of the year if he can pull off 8-4.

After reading your post, went to Bleacher Report and read the article.

Head coach making over 3 million dollars a year, that is he pay from UGA, does not count the other endorsements that he collects from. That is business, understand that. Do have a serious problem with collecting UGA dollars in that amount for . . . . what? Being a good man, sitting in living rooms and convincing great young talent to sign on with the Red and Black.

Already hearing those that say the same things that come up when our head coach "falters again". Truthfully it is not a problem replacing the head coach with a qualified coach. The problem is this . . . . those that are in higher positions want a "certain type" to be "allowed" admission to "join their Group". That is where the rubber meets the road. Coaches like Jeremy Pruitt aren't allowed admission into the "good old boys fraternity". He is too much of a "straight shooter" . . . . would never be allowed to enter into the space(s) that our head coach can, and does.

More and more we see "straight talk" coming from "some" in the media, that in itself should alert the "sheeples" that what you/we have seen under this head coach will not change.

Thanks for pointing out the Bleacher Report article, it gets closer and closer to the real truth. More that were shining the apple seem to be wavering, wavering closer to the "REAL STORY".

Article itself insinuates or points in the direction that the folks running the UGA Football Program have been using for a long time . . . . "two years away".

Also reading some posts where folks are saying that posters like myself and others are hindering our recruiting efforts. That particular type poster in my mind makes excuses for every singe thing that goes wrong in their everyday lackluster lives. When I look at what the new coaches have done in one year on the recruiting trail . . . . Just what the hell am I missing, that they see?

bleacherreport.com/articles/2301541-why-...-long-season-in-2014

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds