Forum

Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

9 years 4 months ago #65513 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

Buc wrote: Maybe it is me, but don't see a lot of talk about the Belk Bowl. Might be too soon for that, and possibly there are underlying reasons.

Say again, not a lot of conversation "anywhere" about Georgia/Louisville. Depressing.

Lame bowl, intriguing match up imho. Personally I hope the 'dawgs come out fired up ready to show their old DC a thing or two. They're going to need to, because Petrino may be a heel, but he's got a decent offensive mind. Also would like to see the 'dawgs put up about 50 and see the towel spontaneously combust.

One of my least favorite parts of CFB is the lull between the end of the regular season and the bowl games. 30+ days is TOOOOOO long.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65514 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

Buc wrote: Also reading some posts where folks are saying that posters like myself and others are hindering our recruiting efforts. That particular type poster in my mind makes excuses for every singe thing that goes wrong in their everyday lackluster lives. When I look at what the new coaches have done in one year on the recruiting trail . . . . Just what the hell am I missing, that they see?

Never fear, Buc, I've been hearing from the richt disciples for the last 6-7 years that mine (and others) type of posting would hurt recruiting, but based on the fact that highly rated recruiting classes have not been lacking of late, I think they need to come up with some new material.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 4 months ago #65516 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
I say that not having a modern practice facility hurts recruiting.
And that's all I've got to say about that.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65517 by Buc

sadlerdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: Also reading some posts where folks are saying that posters like myself and others are hindering our recruiting efforts. That particular type poster in my mind makes excuses for every singe thing that goes wrong in their everyday lackluster lives. When I look at what the new coaches have done in one year on the recruiting trail . . . . Just what the hell am I missing, that they see?

Never fear, Buc, I've been hearing from the richt disciples for the last 6-7 years that mine (and others) type of posting would hurt recruiting, but based on the fact that highly rated recruiting classes have not been lacking of late, I think they need to come up with some new material.

sadlerdawg, when I posted that particular "grievance", and as you say has been around for a very long time, know that you are one of the ones that is being referred to.

I was hoping that someone would come up and post what you did above. High fives to you Sir.

Also you mention Georgia being high in the recruiting position at this point. What do they have to say about that? Can only imagine what the recruiting list would look like had not the "newbies" arrived on campus with a "system" that saved the head coach again.

Plain and simple . . . . Mark Richt's butt was in a crack when grantham said "see ya". I know that he was satisfied with grantham leaving, but the timing of the change proves to me that our head coach not only does not understand time management on the field, game day . . . . he does not understand time management when trying to recruit solid coaches. Still scratching my head on the removal of JTII.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65518 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
There's still reason enough to come to UGA. You will be loved by the fans as well as any place else. You will have a chance to see playing time immediately, as we are always clearing out spots
that might be in front of you. There is a very proud tradition, and you will play in many high profile games and receive all the exposure you could want. You will be surrounded by NFL quality talent at all positions. If the games are played with the maximum talent level and effort at all aspects of the game, ...by everyone involved, ...consistently, the team can compete with anyone else in D-1.

..and womens... mucho womens..mujeres hermosas.. si.

Red and Black baby

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

More
9 years 4 months ago #65519 by Buc
Find it interesting that coaching changes and the possibilities of pop up at this particular time.

Find it interesting that McGarity says Richt is responsible for Mike Bobo's yearly pay.

McGarity has said it and let all know that "he" is the person responsible for "all matters" that do no involve actual on the field coaching of players.

So McGarity says this . . . . Richt is allotted x number of dollars to dole out to his coaching staff, as he see fit. Anyone see a hole in that statement? Question in my mind is "how many dollars" does McGarity actually allow Richt to have to pass out.

Who determines how many dollars that Richt will be paid annually? Is that a "Group" decision or is that number determined by McGarity? If the numbers are made by the "Group" then just where does McGarity fit in? He is some super guru when it comes to football coaching talent, or what . . . .

Why is it that McGarity has to be shoved against a wall to make a decision? Could it be that he is not allowed to make decisions on his own?

From where I sit, McGarity is a numbers man. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it does not interfere with his reason for being paid a handsome sum as Athletic Director. The more I see and read about McGarity, my hopes of "turning the corner" becomes a tougher pill to swallow.

By the way McGarity, seems others have joined in asking what this board has been asking for a long time . . . . Anything new on the Indoor Practice Facility? How is McClendon's upgrade in pay coming along, or does that fall on Richt's back? There are a lot of questions to be asked, and I will say this . . . . they will be asked on this board.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds