Forum

Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

9 years 4 months ago #65460 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

stevedawg wrote: "Rainy Day"? You can't build it on a rainy day. You have to build it now so it will be ready on a rainy day. :whistle:

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65465 by Buc
Maybe it is me, but don't see a lot of talk about the Belk Bowl. Might be too soon for that, and possibly there are underlying reasons.

I think back to the 1960's and VD was brought in to run our team. Soon after coming to Athens, VD had us in the Sun Bowl. At that point in time, one would have thought we had hit the jackpot. There were a lot of happy faces, many of us happy that we thought we were back on the right path.

Roll forward many years and it appears we are back in the same type bowl game. Might be that Belk will improve the status of their bowl, right now, not what top teams are shooting for. Hard at this point in time to be overly excited about bowls that seem to look good on head coaching resumes, but do little to impress many that think more is deserved.

We are often reminded to look at Mark Richt's record, and it never fails that the person asking us to do that asks us to look at the bowl appearances. Here are the bowls we have participated in since 2009.

Capital One, Independence, Liberty, Outback, Capital One and Gator.

Of course my question is . . . .

This is the best we can do with the talent that has played under this head coach during this period of time? Call it anything we want, now we can add the Belk Bowl to the list above. Impressive? Not in my mind. This will be the seventh (7th) bowl game that will impress some of those that think he is all that. Wait until next year . . . . right?

It has become crystal clear what we can expect from Mark Richt. He has had 14 years and a lot of second and third tier bowl games that are often pointed to by the "Group" and those that depend on entering Butts-Mehre for private sessions with Richt.

More and more the scales are moving in the direction of those that do not have the "blinders" on. Becoming real college football folks with a better understanding about the "lack of coaching in Athens".

We will probably run the table in 2015, simple reason, JTII was released. Why did we not understand the problem sooner? Had nothing to do with a "pooch kick". Nothing to do with play calling against South Carolina. Nothing to do with not having a punter in place the entire year. Nothing to do with Special Teams.

If the game in Charlotte does not come out in our favor . . . . the "Group" will flood the media with reasons we (you and I) should look forward to the product our head coach will put on the field in 2015. I hope we win, but Vegas thinks the numbers do not support a Louisville team that will not be prepared.

Say again, not a lot of conversation "anywhere" about Georgia/Louisville. Depressing.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65467 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
They want to "hype" the 2 playoff bowls and the New years "six"(teams)(3 bowls) so they can "tweak" the play off bowls to 8 teams. Why hype the 2nd and 3rd tier bowls games like the Belk Bowl...won't be many watching 2 3rd tier teams go at it unless you live in Ga. or KY. No $$$ in it other than from selling the commercials and Disney owns enough products to sponsor themselves anyhoo...

Me I cannot get excited about a 3rd tier bowl...been way too many for the last several years of 2nd/3rd tier games...Petrino is proally going to whip our a**es anyhoo because we will once again be unprepared and come out flat giving up 3-4 TD's before the middle of the 2nd qtr. and counting on Bobo to rally us to the win... :whistle:

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65469 by Buc
ogredawg, the older I get the less I am impressed with the "stuff" that those in power throw against the wall and hope sticks.

Truthfully, if the recent bowl record belonging to Richt is something that anyone wants to hang their hat on, go for it.

Did notice that the gathering in Athens with the players wearing their tuxedos got more attention this year. Usually the "Group" does not want the media to be overly present in this affair. This year, Richt throwing out the names of returning players, advised I am sure by the Public Relations Group that controls such things. There is some concern in Athens, trying their best to quell what appears to be some folks beginning to understand.

This is the one site, will say it again, the one site that has folks willing to speak out and give the other side of Georgia Football coaching failures. Media sometimes points to bad coaching, but not for too long. Don't want to lose those Butts-Mehre seats.

Recently there has been a group that has become more involved with Georgia Football, a group that is involved in the print media as well as the electronic side of the business. They are walking the same line as the "sheeples" and are a part of the "Group". I know that they read this board, and will in the "very" near future point out who they are and their involvement in getting to post their "stuff" where all can see. Recently tried to get inside that group, they do not allow outsiders "inside". Yes they will read what I just posted.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65470 by growl
I guess Greggy boy is waiting for a 2-10 season to decide UGA needs that indoor training facility. Keep it up, it can happen!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65471 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

Buc wrote: Maybe it is me, but don't see a lot of talk about the Belk Bowl. Might be too soon for that, and possibly there are underlying reasons.

Oh yes... there is an underlying reason.

No one gives a $#!+ about the Belk bowl.

Buc wrote: ]I think back to the 1960's and VD was brought in to run our team. Soon after coming to Athens, VD had us in the Sun Bowl. At that point in time, one would have thought we had hit the jackpot. There were a lot of happy faces, many of us happy that we thought we were back on the right path.

Much different era, and substantially different expectations.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds