Forum

Belk Bowl

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65222 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Belk Bowl
Have said more than once that FSU went downhill under the Bowden's after the last championship. Believe that our head coach still holds on to what Bobby Bowden taught him years ago. That is not the thing being discussed at this point.

Check out what Jimbo Fisher has to say in the video below. Do not care about what is being said about the FSU program at this point. If they are up to their ankles in "stuff" . . . . not my problem.

This is where I sit with Jeremy Pruitt. Saban liked him. Fisher hired him. Have enough patience with the new hire (Pruitt) to see where it leads. For damn sure it will not be based on one year in Athens. Sometimes, talk is just talk.

Anyone that listens closely enough to the video, covers a lot of things that many don't understand.

Falls on his face in Athens, more than likely he will last 14 years, that is how it works in the Classic City. Difference is night and day when comparing the head coach to the defensive coordinator. Pruitt is a football coach, not a "media groupie".

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65223 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Belk Bowl
Let us regress for a minute. Buc one of your favorite areas is our OL

Before going sny further we did have some collapses during the season however no way can you

Not acknowledge that we have made major improvements. Looking at the success of our running

Game,..And... sacks. Not allowed.... CWF has built depht and shown we are moving in the right

Direction. Some would point to our failures which are fewer than our gains trying to make a

Point that CWF is not a quality coach....same holds for CJP and CTR

I will repeat myself...CMR is not leaving or gettiny fired in 2015

Therefore we must learn to win in spite and not because of him...best scenario

Let the assistants coach Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65224 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Belk Bowl
Not letting Pruitt off the hook for the Florida and Tech games, but let's also mention that the D held Auburn to 7, shut out Mizzou.

Decided to check the record book. 'dawgs were 45th in Total Defense in 2013, 20th in 2014. And that is after booting several "4 and 5 Star" "studs". Jury's still gotta be out imo.

Edit: 79th to 25th in Scoring Defense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 4 months ago #65225 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Belk Bowl
Aubuurn and Mizzou are really not that good this year. Pruitt's D was prepared for those 2 games why cannot he prepare them for the gaytors and tech...being consistent is not to much to ask for is it?

Disagree respectfully that Pruitt is all that and is not the savior of this program. Nothing is going to save this program until a new HC is brought in...but that is not going to happen

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #65226 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Belk Bowl
Auburn's not that good, yet somehow they scored in the 40's against Alabama.

Mizzou is not that good....yet they won the SECe

The numbers don't lie. Pruitt came here, several supposed starters were dismissed and we still made significant improvements in our defensive rankings. That is not emotion.. that is not the eye test... itt doesn't matter though with some who won't let stats and facts get in the way of opinion.

I agree we will always struggle with Richt at the helm, but that doesn't mean every other coach on the team sucks as well.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 4 months ago #65228 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Belk Bowl
The problem IMO is that it doesn't matter who our DC is. We could be granted a special clause by the NCAA to be allowed to pick the 5 best DC's in college to coach a year for us and we would still go 10-3 because richt would still make bone headed calls and lose games we should have won. No matter how much we plead for richt to stay the hell out of the way, we know he is too stubborn and he will continue to screw the program up until he chooses to leave. I just hope our program isn't as far gone as FU's was when meyer left.

To make it easier for next year on the forum, just go ahead and copy all of your posts from this year so you can just paste them on the board to save time next season. We will be having all these same discussions for years to come.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds