Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago #65000 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Thoughts..

scooby wrote: BD2010, not really my style to kick a guy when hes down, but since you called me out Ill give you my thoughts.

1. i dont care who is the coach at uga. If my Dad was not a big fan i would not care how many games they win or lose for the most part. I went to 25+/- games in the 70s and don't ever remember so much complaining about not winning.

2. If uga decides to fire the coach he will not have a problem finding another job. Go 6-6 a few years and 9-3 wont seem so bad.

3. Just looking at the record under richt they have finished in the top five three times in his tenure. You may not like this, but thats about all you can expect whoever the coach is. About every five years you will have the players to maybe win the nc if things work out. Things have not "worked out" under mr but they didnt for the 20 years before he got there either. Your not going to be in position every year, basically because everyone else wants it just as bad. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Bulldogs_f...all_under_Mark_Richt

4. mr has coached two heisman qbs and some other pretty good college quarterbacks. I like to read others opinions and usually dont get to upset over things i dont agree with. I must say it drives me nutts to read mr doesnt know who the best qb is on the roster.

You sir are a moron for comparing now to the 70's. Are you really that stupid or did you drink too much. Comparing college football now to decades ago is the height of stupidity.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65001 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Thoughts..

scooby wrote: A few other thoughts...

-whoever said uf was a bigger rival than gt was prolly a young man. I can tell you scooby sr looks at the gt series as the biggest. My cousin went to gt and i remember him kind of dissing my degree from the local college and implying his gt degree was worth a lot more. Shet, i got dirt under my fingernails so i aint really slayed the world, but ive done okay. My cousin has had about 25 jobs and my Dad still laughs about his long ago comments and work history.

-really wasnt planning on posting here any more till next year. Dang you BD2010! I do appreciate you saying you didn't think i was trolling. Maybe i am but its kind of weird trolling. Im on a uga site arguing with fans that their coach doesnt really suck.

-Have read a few times that mr uses his religion as a shield. You may not like him but kinda ridiculous to imply he is anything phony. He interviewed for the unc-ch job when he was talking with uga. They were a little turned off because he was religious. He aint hid this stuff.

-sadler: did you read the part were i said i didnt care who coached uga? When i said 6-6 a few years makes 9-3 look better i was talking about schools that would be calling mr if he was unemployed. Read my third thought again, you missed my point if all you got was " winning it all is hard and we should never expect to is a loser's mentality". Im standing by my belief that mr knows who should be playing qb more than guys on the internets.

-bs to say mr recruited and played the back up qb to prevent him from playing/succeeding elsewhere. Just havent seen anything to make me believe this. If he did in fact do this, would you guys think this was a plus or minus for the coach?

-i know a lot more about uga football than i did before cruising in here the first time. Also know a lot more about how important a college team winning is to fans. I dont really get it though. I go to a lot of my Alma mater's fb and bb games. Really dont give a shet if we win or not. A bunch of guys i dont even know.

You are dumb. The religion is a shield. My only guess is you buy the snake oil. Richt is far over paid for the performance he delivers. You sir know jack shit about football.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65002 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts..

Wartdawg wrote: Just finished reading some Bradley garbage over at the AJC.

He spends the majority of the article explaining how the past 5 years of Richt is about the same as the 5 year record of Jim Donnan (and here I was making Bo Pelini comparisons.. My apologies to Bo for the insult)

Then he concludes the article by saying but with the way UGA recruits they can't afford to fire Richt as next year may finally be his and UGA's year.

Really??? REALLY???

Jeezshus H Christmas.... really?

And this . . . .

“I know we are on the right track. I mean I am so very excited about what’s going on here at Georgia and what’s happening with our recruiting and our staff and how we have established some things that have been outstanding, or will continue to be in some cases, and I think we’re getting our players to buy in 100 percent, and when we keep doing that and keep recruiting like we are, great things are gonna happen.”

Head coach that is the problem . . . . the players have bought in for years, problem lies in the way they have been lead down the same path each and every year, by . . . . YOU.

The "Machine" is fast at work again, it is called CYA, and they are doing just that. Believe I have said many times in the recent past, this is a rerun of the "stuff" that happened under Bowden in Tallahassee. Head coach is lost, sad thing is that so called UGA football fans believe what Wartdawg posted above, NEXT YEAR.

Another thing of note. The AJC boys need to cover their asses also, take UGA football out of the mullet wrapper in ATL and what do they have? All about keeping ones job . . . . at any cost.

Rdawg, your post #14 is spot on. Close to four million a year rides on returning every year as head coach. Guess the head coach is not too "dumb" . . . . when it comes to his pocket.

Bernie had this to say in his column, while we disagree on the head coach, he sure as heck got the other portion right. Believe that also has been chatted about on this board. The "Group" needs to be "gotten into".

And I'm certainly not one of those calling for a coaching change. The problems with the football program lie much higher up than the dudes that roam the sideline. We'll get into that in the coming months I'm sure.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65003 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic ZIPS IN THE WIRE !!!!!
This is certainly a "RED HOT" thread.....but seriously, who among you didn't see this as a possibility?

My brothers, RULE OF 22 .....

Don't let the actions of 22, mostly post-pubescent young men, ruin your weekend!

Buc: You asked for a word describing the program, I give you: MISDIRECTED ...

Had it not been for the recent words spoken by CMR, I might opt for a different word. However, once he lauded the concept of leading and guiding young men rather than being compelled to seek championships, it all fell into focus for me. CMR's mission work IS in Athens, even though he is paid handsomely to win football games!.....Misdirected!!!

For 14 seasons, we've witnessed CMR make boneheaded mistakes with regularity. Unfortunately, this cranial flatulence is increasing in frequency...Yet the media trolls roll out the excuse and forgive wagon because Captain Christian will one day skipper the SS Mediocre away from these treacherous waters....Misdirected!!!!

The Big Boys, making the Big Bucks AND the Big Decisions, have clearly chosen the time honored, Wall Street tradition of modest and consistent dividends, rather than risk the potential for huge rewards of an uncertain path....Misdirected!!!!!

Just in case you've not considered this,.......

We will likely get the Outback and play Maryland.....I'll not venture to guess the outcome...

CMR/CMB/CJP will recruit another Top 10 class....and the pundits and prognosticators will have plenty of new material to stoke the furnace of hope! The doe-eyed masses will, once again, buy into the propaganda, season tickets will sell out and all will go according to the "master plan",....until the inevitable bedwetting!.....Misdirected!!!!!!

This is the life and the fate of the Dawg Nation! It likely will not change anytime soon.

As for me, I'm Georgian by birth, Dawg by the grace of God! I'm an alum that believes the "Institution" is far greater than any of it's component programs. I no longer contribute to the AA, nor purchase season tickets. But should the opportunity arise to go to a game, I'll go because I love Athens and the game day experience. I'll buy an occasional shirt, hoodie or hat, when the fancy strikes....and I'll ALWAYS watch my Dawgs when they are on TV....and not just football....Thanks SEC Network!

Truth is, we are not, haven't been and likely will never be a program like those storied in football lore, or those currently craving their name....THIS is what I've accepted...

RULE OF 22 !!!!!

GO DAWGS

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

More
9 years 4 months ago #65004 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic ZIPS IN THE WIRE !!!!!
After reading your excellent post NC_Dawg, prompted me to enter the "vault" and pull this out of the hat. Sound a bit familiar? Maybe insert "Georgia" where "Nebraska" appears in the article.

sports.yahoo.com/news/why-nebraska-s-sur...191005106-ncaaf.html

More
9 years 4 months ago #65005 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Nebraska,....
is one of those storied programs!....The Pelini discharge didn't surprise me. Bo had a Donnanesque attitude that rubbed many the wrong way!...Hats off to Nebraska for the bold move....but that'll never happen in Athens...

BTW: Have you seen next years schedule? Depending on who, other than TGIII, that opts for the NFL, we could be looking at a 7-5, 8-4 record......Happy, happy, joy,......joy!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds