Forum

Auburn - can't stand um!!!

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64513 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!

Buc wrote: Auburn's offensive line has been coming together as the season has moved along. Center made a huge mistake in their loss to TAM. Overall, this is a very good offensive line.

Not sure just yet about our defensive front. They are playing hard, but this game will be a "true test" for us against the run.

Our offensive line has been coming together as the season has moved forward. Think that they have performed better than some give them credit for. Personally believe that Hutson Mason not "letting the football fly" has been a problem. That is not a shot at Hutson, he has said the same thing about not letting the football go. Looked good against Kentucky, liked Hutson's "attitude", hope he has that same "attitude" this weekend. For sure 95% of the fans attending the game will be in Hutson's corner.

Auburn runs their offense differently than many we play against. Pruitt/Rocker and Company are aware of that. Pruitt has coached against Gus Malzahn while at Alabama and FSU. I believe he has had this particular game in his head since leaving FSU and coming to Georgia.

We are deep at running back (again) have Malcolm Mitchell back, Conley and Bennett are always prepared. My way of thinking . . . . we have more talent than Auburn. Can we coach our talent up to the point of "recognizing" that? Do not want another JAX showing between the Hedges, that would not be good. Thinking out loud again.

Buc, said a month or so ago that I was concerned about our DL losing weight to get quicker. I understand that but this is the SEC not the ACC. Offenses run "downhill" and you had better be able to handle 300+ OL hitting you in the mouth. I'm not a proponent of the 350 NG etc etc but not so sure if the light, quicker, hands in the dirt guys, can handle good, BIG and quick OL in the SEC consistently......haven't lately (Dawgs got such a big and quick lead against Ark that it took them out of their running gameplan).

Also, don't forget Rumph....he looked like a beast last week....big target receiver with good hands.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64514 by wlayton

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

Buc wrote: Auburn is coming to town, need more be said . . . . Not from where I sit.

Sadly that is what we thought about the Florida game. Hopefully learned from our mistake.

That won't happen against AU. They will NOT be over confident against them....they will be jacked.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64515 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
Assburn DC said the only person to stop Gurley was the autograph dealer.

Should Gurley start Saturday?

You know my answer yes.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64518 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
wlayton, really line seeing Rumph on the field and catching the ball. He could be a very valuable piece this Saturday in Athens. Had always like the idea of him catching the ball in the end zone. With Gurley back along with our other backs, makes like much easier for Rumph.

In another post I mentioned that Malcolm Mitchell being on the field really helps our running game, same applies with Rumph on the field, inside the red zone, running backs that we have make defenses "cheat".

You said and I agree . . . . Also, don't forget Rumph....he looked like a beast last week....big target receiver with good hands.

wlayton, we have serious offensive talent in 2014. Won't go any further . . . . right now. ;)

More
9 years 5 months ago #64520 by wlayton

Buc wrote: wlayton, really line seeing Rumph on the field and catching the ball. He could be a very valuable piece this Saturday in Athens. Had always like the idea of him catching the ball in the end zone. With Gurley back along with our other backs, makes like much easier for Rumph.

In another post I mentioned that Malcolm Mitchell being on the field really helps our running game, same applies with Rumph on the field, inside the red zone, running backs that we have make defenses "cheat".

You said and I agree . . . . Also, don't forget Rumph....he looked like a beast last week....big target receiver with good hands.

wlayton, we have serious offensive talent in 2014. Won't go any further . . . . right now. ;)

Serious offensive talent!!!....only thing missing is an equally talented QB.....could you imagine what AM could do with this offensive unit now that the OL is finally good and with depth????......unstoppable.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64522 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
wlayton, have had serious thoughts about AM with this offensive line, and . . . . talent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds