Forum

Auburn - can't stand um!!!

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64588 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
Appears the line on Georgia/Auburn in some circles in Las Vegas is . . . . Georgia favored 2 - 2 1/2 points.

Any time I see a point spread that small between what appears to be two closely matched teams, tells me this. Home game, heard all the noise about "finally" getting home turf.

Maybe we should get real, closer to the truth. Auburn has the best offensive line we will face this season. Calls for our defensive front taking away "whatever" we can, truth is, we have been giving up yards to some teams that do not have near the offensive front Auburn has. Not a doubt in my mind that Rocker has been hard at work this week.

TAM at this point is a 4.5 to 5 point winner in the point spread department against Missouri. Home game for TAM and a big win over Auburn make me lean in the direction of TAM. Another factor in my mind is Kyle Allen #10. Young man is a freshman and watched him against Auburn, young quarterback that we are going to hear a lot about in the future, and probably Saturday against Missouri. Kyle Allen reminds me a lot of AM, fearless, has that "something" that it takes to lead an offense.

Comes down to me this way . . . . we laid an egg against a gator team and that should not have happened. This is our "second chance". Missouri loses, we win, ATL looks "possible". After that, in my mind it will be Alabama and Georgia in ATL. That is my guess, if the above happens.

End with this. Time for our head coach to "step up", just like he is asking our football team to do, "step up". Lose this "second chance" in Athens on Saturday night, don't really need any "excuses", figure the same applies for several more on this board. In the past "big" games have caused us some problems. Talent, we have talent.

Some won't like this but . . . . Mark Richt, stay out of the way, we have coaches that understand the game of football, better than you at this point. Do the same thing you did in Kentucky on the sideline . . . . become another "cheerleader". That is not a slap either, it is how I feel having watched almost 14 years of football under "several" different coaches.

Go Dawgs, Coach Us Up! Do what we do best . . . . at this point in time it is obvious who does what, and who does what BEST. :whistle: :)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64591 by Buc
Hoping that our head coach and fans are as happy after the Auburn game as he is in the video below. That is not being sarcastic.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64592 by growl
Replied by growl on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
Agree with you Buc, maybe he'll stand on the sidelines and get out of the way, maybe get a little charged up about something, anything. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64595 by Buc

growl wrote: Agree with you Buc, maybe he'll stand on the sidelines and get out of the way, maybe get a little charged up about something, anything. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

growl, noticed in the video that again our head coach mentioned Hutson Mason letting it "rip".

There is and always will be a chance for an interception, that is a given. If however, Auburn or any other team notices in film study that there is a bit of reluctance to "let it rip" helps in their preparation.

For instance last Saturday in Commonwealth Stadium. Football was thrown by Hutson Mason, defender got one hand on the ball in the end zone, deflected it and Jeb Blazevich ended up catching it for a touchdown. Same thing a different way . . . . against Auburn one year back, all of us know how that turned out.

All I am saying is, the quarterback has to have the confidence that his receiver will end up with the football. Both cases mentioned above, regardless of what the defensive back(s) did or did not do, the offensive player ended up with the football and "scored a touchdown".

From where I sit, would be greatly disappointed if Hutson does not put the ball in the air. If the Auburn defenders know he will do that, sure does make our running backs day a hell of a lot better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64596 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
Can't help but remember last year... not the boneheaded play of the two members of the secondary who will not be named, but of AM. With the game lost at the end of the 3rd, he put it on his back and led us on an improbably comeback, showing us all what it means to be a DAWG. If this year ends up on HM's shoulders, does he have the same intangibles to bring us back. Showed it against Tech last year, but been sorely missing this year when the chips are down. Great young man. Hope he comes through.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64597 by Buc
Good post rockdawg. :)

Allow me this . . . .
There should be no doubt that Hutson Mason has a firm grip on the "playbook".

You said . . . . If this year ends up on HM's shoulders, does he have the same intangibles to bring us back.

In my opinion this is Hutson's biggest challenge since taking over the offense. By that I mean this . . . . He won't be back in 2015. Do not see Hutson going to the NFL. If he shines in this game, chances are we end up in a major bowl.

Hutson has surrounding him, probably the top three(3) running backs in the country. Put it this way, any of the three running backs could "start" for any team in college football.

He has two very good receivers that are seniors, Conley and Bennett. From all that I can gather, Malcolm Mitchell is ready to go. Jeb Blazevich is not average, he is a full fledged football player. Offensive line, much better than I have watched over several years.

I believe it comes down to this . . . . Mike Bobo has to call the best game he possibly can this weekend. Talent is there, home field crowd advantage, of which our head coach often refers to.

I see no reason not to be able to score touchdown for touchdown against Auburn. We have the talent, more than Auburn does, man for man offensively.

This is offensive chirping on my part, will give my thoughts on the defensive side before Saturday, like it or not. I chirp. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds