Forum

FINALLY . . . .

10 years 3 weeks ago #59744 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic FINALLY . . . .
Before I hit the road, all I can say is we've been talking about these issues a long time.
Cutting edge reporting this ain't.
What's depressing is that it took Richt a kick in the butt from an assistant coach to even act like it's problematic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #59745 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic FINALLY . . . .
Below is a quote from Jordan Jenkins. Slowly but surely those of us outside the loop begin to see that our suspicions were founded. Jenkins is not the only player that seems to have embraced the hard work and new "coaching structure".

A coach might have all of the football knowledge possible but, comes down to this, and this has been said here and other places. That has to translate to the players or . . . .

Medical doctors are called doctors for a reason. There is a reason that the headmaster on a ship is called captain. There has to be a reason a coach is called coach.

Doctors that continually mess up in the operating room, captains that run their ships aground, coaches that fail too often. All end up eventually without the name tag.

Some occupy the same space and it is known and discussed as being mediocre. I don't want a surgeon in the operating room that is mediocre, same for the captain of a ship or aircraft. Normally after a failure it is followed by an . . . . excuse.

Here is hoping that Pruitt is not called on the carpet by the "Group". He will be highly motivated both on and off the field, that is his MO. Going with DAWGtm on this one, break out the six pack of Red Bulls for Richt, stop fiddling with the mouthpiece on your headset. Take notes from the new arrivals . . . . the players have. FACT.

“It’s a fresh start. But it feels like it’s a different vibe around here. Guys want to be holding everyone else accountable for something. We’re not letting guys get away with the small stuff, and the coaches certainly aren’t, either. They’re getting on us. I feel like we’re doing a lot of the small things now. We’re doing the technique work. ... The coaches really just want to see us succeed. They’re always available for us. They’re just going the extra mile, compared to last year.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59746 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic FINALLY . . . .
Don't think the group will try to tone CJP down. Also don't see CJP doing a choke signs on

The sidelines. More money for the group with CJP proving to be a winner

Dawgs show success with Climpson and the Chickens and Katie bar the door

These Dawgs get a wiff and it will be a match to a fuse

The boom will be felt big time. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #59747 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic FINALLY . . . .
yankeedawg1, one of the things that separates our football team from others was said in my previous post in this thread.

What Jordan Jenkins said was not some random "player speak" for the press. Jordan was laying it out, shows just how intelligent he is. Great talent that was allowed to "slide" last season, along with others. There is not a single explanation other than "youth" that has been presented. I find that to be false. It was not paying attention to "detail". That falls on the coaches, not the players.

The new coaches come in and the first thing on their list was to bury themselves in the film room. Going to wager this . . . . in that film room, there were more than coaches present. Pruitt made it very clear that his door is open, that includes doors to the film room, we all know that he has an office. Pruitt is not an office man, he plays in the dirt.

Sometimes leaders forget from where they come. Might be, must be nice to have a plush office that overlooks the practice facility. Time spent in that office does not coach a young player up.

"Supposedly" McGarity said when he first took a look at the UGA football program, something is not right. "Supposedly" McGarity said to Richt, cut yourself loose from anything that detracts from winning football, meaning "Richt's" time. I will take care of the "other things" you coach football.

Has this happened? Guess it is in the eye of the beholder.

What bothers me more than an 8-5 season record is this . . . . Talented young players that are not getting the coaching needed to perform on Saturdays. Some say it is up to the players, I say you are welcome to that thought. When there are 11 men on the field, both sides of the ball, every player has a responsibility on every play.

Does not matter if you are for example a running back. The play calls for you as the running back to perform a fake handoff. That matters just as much as the back getting the ball or the quarterback passing the ball. That is what Jordan Jenkins and others are saying about the new hires. They are practicing technique, form tackling, understanding the basics.

Anyone here believe that the arm waving that we witnessed under Willie Martinez and todd grantham was on the players inability to learn or the lack of coaches to coach?

grantham is gone, Pruitt is on campus. Players are now saying things that they would not prior to Pruitt's arrival. Head coach was told by McGarity to coach, leave the other things for others to take care of.

averagedawg said it well. We have been down this road before. ogredawg often reminds us the same thing. I don't take what the two of them have said as being "down" on the football team. I know that they have traveled this "same road" many times in the past. Comes a time when it is phrased as "show me".

High Fives to Jordan Jenkins. That was a bold move on his part. I call that leadership.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59748 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic FINALLY . . . .
Buc, great article. Gotta love what Pruitt is doing and changing with the D (contageous for the whole team as well).

One thing concerns me just a little (but what do I know) that was stated in the article:

"Pruitt figures to use more four-man fronts than Grantham did, although he prefers smaller, quicker linemen than what UGA had last season"

This "ain't" the ACC....smaller DL bothers me a little. You go up against BAMA's road graders that have just as much quickness and you will see what we saw in the SECCG 2 years ago.

I'm sure Pruitt knows what he is doing but that concerns me a little.

Power, size and quickness beats quickness all day long.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59749 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic FINALLY . . . .
Remember the Bismark. One of a kind, That ACC defense beat a SEC offense for the NC

Using this type of lineup requires quality depth which I see us working toward

Size hasn't worked for us in the recent past. Vote giving skills and speed a opportunity

IMO RD playing at 275 and cat quick may cause problems for a bigger OL

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds