Forum

FINALLY . . . .

10 years 3 weeks ago #59732 by Buc
FINALLY . . . . was created by Buc
Someone in the media took the time and called out not in my opinion, the players, whether he meant to or not, he called out Mark Richt.

Don't give a spit about who coaches what, Mark Richt has allowed this type of foolishness to go on for far too long.

Have had the feeling that Pruitt is trying to be careful with his tongue, but this article by Mark Schlabach lays it out.

Jeremy Pruitt comes to us from two coaches that did not allow what Mark Richt has allowed since he has been in Athens. This is the reason that we have come close, but no cigar.

I know that many don't like to hear this kind of talk, but read the article if you have not already. Be interesting to see what your opinion is and where the lack of "results" lies.

Again, just an old fart with an opinion as to why "We Make Excuses". I said that.

Erk, Munson and Grizzard are loving this. They would call this UGA Football, and understand what the meaning "Finish the Drill" means. Words are cheap, coaching is required, Mark Richt. Pruitt is saving your ass. Said that also.

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/81228/pru...-uga-defense-on-move

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59738 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic FINALLY . . . .
He wanted to coach. In the SEC. Man is on a mission.

Said before he wants to be the best DC in the SEC. Knock CKS off his perch

And he does not just want any. SEC HC.

If he can't have the Tide he will take another one like UGA and beat the snot

Out of them. See It in his eyes. Don't think for minute that others are not aware

Of his long term plans.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59739 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic FINALLY . . . .

yankeedawg1 wrote: He wanted to coach. In the SEC. Man is on a mission.

Said before he wants to be the best DC in the SEC. Knock CKS off his perch

And he does not just want any. SEC HC.

If he can't have the Tide he will take another one like UGA and beat the snot

Out of them. See It in his eyes. Don't think for minute that others are not aware

Of his long term plans.

Yep . . . . maybe soon it will be mission accomplished.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59741 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic FINALLY . . . .
This comes from Richt's press conference.

Richt’s comments regarding the need for this team to start learning how to play through adversity. That’s something that plagued this squad a good bit last season and, to be honest, probably cost them a couple of wins.

That falls under "leadership by coaches".

It was apparent that as Mark Richt said, plagued the team last season. Goes deeper than one or two years back.

Don't know, maybe Mark Richt will take a different approach. Lots of eyes still focused on Richt and his actions or lack of same.

No, this is not a fire Mark Richt thingy, it is a call to arms. The past is the past, need to look in other directions, that includes "leadership by coaches".

At my age still find myself learning. Most of the things that I learn or try to learn these days comes from younger folks. Think all of the coaches in Athens are junior to Mark Richt. Listen and learn, stubborn gets you a one way ticket to the hot seat.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59742 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic FINALLY . . . .
Maybe it should be mandatory that CMR drinks at least three red bulls before each game and a couple more at halftime. His even keel attitude translates to the field. My hope is CJP will infuse the energy on the sidelines to both players and coaches. All fires need to be stoked from time to time to keep them burning hot.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59743 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic FINALLY . . . .
From what I've read and seen Pruitt bringing a new way to practice and new attitude.

Players own defense are excited and he's teaching.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds