Forum

FINALLY . . . .

10 years 3 weeks ago #59756 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic FINALLY . . . .

yankeedawg1 wrote:
Using this type of lineup requires quality depth

Excellent statement. We do have the depth especially at LB.

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #59757 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic FINALLY . . . .
Buc, I think coaching had the most to do with that SECCG on D.....plus imo you run a 4 man front against a team like BAMA that is going to come right at you.

Hey, if you can have big, nasty quick OL that can run why can't you do the same with DL??

The SEC is simply the closest thing to the NFL imo. Big and can run.....smaller DL seems like an oxymoron in the SEC to me.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #59758 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic FINALLY . . . .
wlayton, made me chuckle. I can remember when the heaviest man on the Atlanta Falcon team weighed 285. At that point in time, that was BIG. He name was Wilson Faumwina(sp)?

wlayton, from watching the film of the "Pruitt Defense" it appears in some of the footage there are seven (7) men on the front. That would scare the heck out of me as a quarterback. We will probably give up some big plays this season, but from where I sit, we are going to intercept at a much higher level.

The quickness that Pruitt seems to want, makes it increasingly difficult for the offensive line to handle the numbers, numbers with speed. If this group truly goes two deep on the defense when the season starts, going to be some happy faces in Athens, both on and off the field. Happy players, happy fans.

Agree with you, same can be done on the defensive line, looking forward to Trenton Thompson coming to Athens next season. With the likes of Trenton, can realistically run a 3/4 or 3 whatever. Have posted this link before, worth watching again.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1866681/trenton-thompson
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59759 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic FINALLY . . . .
GOOD GRIEF!!! He's a monster!! Get his butt to Athens asap.

Thanks for the clip Buc.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59760 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic FINALLY . . . .
In defense of some of our former big and maybe not so quick D linemen that got manhandled by
the likes of Alabama's O-line:

Depth and rotations - We didn't have a lot of depth, and we had a DC that didn't like to
substitute all that much. When you are faced with an O-line that went 2 deep at every spot
and rotated them in and out regularly, it made the depth problem even worse.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59761 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic FINALLY . . . .
This clip might be a little out of place, but have said that I "sneak a peek" at certain teams and coaches occasionally. Noticed that grantham has brought on another "helper". NFL background, guess he figures he can fill the kids heads up with NFL thoughts. Other part of that, grantham does not believe in going out to reach the players, likes for them to come to him.

grantham is still in my head, too bad it is not for the right reason. This is the way I felt about those at UGA when Erk was "allowed to leave". Still bruised.

www.gocards.com/allaccess/?media=442812

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds