Forum

FINALLY . . . .

10 years 3 weeks ago #59763 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic FINALLY . . . .
Interesting listening to Will Friend and some of his comments concerning the offensive line.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #59764 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic FINALLY . . . .
Rocker Rocks........ you produce you stay..... This type of coach speak is the real deal

Good read........ dogbytesonline.com/rocker-on-first-team-...duce-you-stay-82808/

onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2...cruiting-coordinator

Little love for CBM

Go Dawgs!!!!

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59766 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Rocker Rocks........ you produce you stay..... This type of coach speak is the real deal

Good read........ dogbytesonline.com/rocker-on-first-team-...duce-you-stay-82808/

onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2...cruiting-coordinator

Little love for CBM

Go Dawgs!!!!

yankeedawg1, don't know that I have ever been more impressed with what I see so far on the defensive side of the ball.

Points to this for me . . . . many of us that closely follow UGA football have understood for ages that defense has to be played in the SEC. Seems every time there has been a defensive coaching change, folks like me start thinking that the "problem" has been recognized. Thus far the "changes" have not produced what I and others have hoped for, that being "results".

Overall when thinking about the total work that I have watched, Martinez and grantham were not only short on teaching and understanding, they seemed to have problems with thin skin. They either were not capable as coaches or they failed to understand that they were also "teachers". Not unlike a professor/teacher inside the classroom, the only thing that really separates them is their classroom for the most part is outside. Neither of the two, Willie or todd have stayed in one job for any great length of time.

Maybe this is the change that will put us back in the SEC as a feared opponent. We will understand this better in the Fall. Playing against teammates does not equal to playing against other college football teams. Not the same.

I am convinced that the entire defensive coaching staff is there because of Jeremy Pruitt's approval. I especially like having Tracy Rocker on board. Never dreamed he would end up coaching at UGA. The other coaches are not just giving lip service to us, these coaches are "teaching" in their "outdoor classroom". Others would do well to observe and make changes if necessary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59767 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic FINALLY . . . .
Really do like the attitude of our defensive coaches. Seems like they are holding the players accountable for their actions on the field. You don't give 100% move aside for someone that will. Seen where the tightend group is down to one healthy scholarship player and the tought crossed my mind. Do all schools have a dedicated TE coach?

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #59768 by Buc
DAWGtm, sometimes we get an unexpected surprise. Not always, but one never knows. I really like what I have seen on film from Hunter Atkinson and Jeb Blazevich. Believe these two are going to carry on a strong tradition of tightends at UGA. Hunter Atkinson also played defensive end, did a good job there also. Likes running over folks. :)

www.hudl.com/athlete/o/581770/#highlights/126341376

www.hudl.com/athlete/o/560631/#highlights/34362381

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59770 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic FINALLY . . . .
Atkinson is going to surprise some people, me thinks.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds