Forum

Spring practice

10 years 1 month ago #59783 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Spring practice
Buc the best thing about Towel Toddy is being able to use it in the past tense when it comes

To being our DC

I don't make much of players being moved up and down in spring ball yes it is used to

Motivate but also gives the coaches an opportunity to see how different players work

Together. Lets them mix and match as needed. Which you also need to do if you want

Quality depth. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59784 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Spring practice
Good conversations guys.

DWS, gets my attention when you mention Langley. Did not take long for grantham to "sit" Brendan. While he had some coverage problems, actually shows grantham's weakness as a defensive coach.

Langley starts and soon is not allowed back on the field, very little playing time. Rather than trying to coach him up, which involves teaching and understanding, grantham went the direction that most of us now understand. In my opinion it was not that Brendan Langley failed, it was that he was not taught. If Brendan Langley ends up starting against Clemson, it will more than prove the point that there is a difference in those that wear the title of "Coach" and those that actually do that (teach and coach) and deserve to be called "Coach".

Pruitt has drawn a line in the sand. What he is doing now will continue as long as he is leading the defense. He cannot retreat from what he has set out for both the players and assistant coaches to do on his watch. If we like what we see in the Clemson game, it will move our program ahead light years. We can call it kicking butts, but in truth we have a "teacher" in Jeremy Pruitt. With grantham, he kicked butts, he however should have had a boot up his butt. Let's face it, towel toddy knew that he had failed miserably in Athens, Dallas, Cleveland and soon Louisville. A million dollar fraud. I said that.

Also say this . . . . Mark Richt is the head coach, all of what we are discussing is being discussed on Mark Richt's watch. I said that also. :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #59785 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Spring practice
I think CMR doesnt know the difference between delegating authority and responsiblity. He's still responsible no matter what happens on his watch. I've got a problem with his not accepting responsibilty and dancing around the issue like a politician in most matters.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59786 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Spring practice

growl wrote: I think CMR doesnt know the difference between delegating authority and responsiblity. He's still responsible no matter what happens on his watch. I've got a problem with his not accepting responsibilty and dancing around the issue like a politician in most matters.

growl, very well put.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
10 years 1 month ago #59787 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Spring practice
Ray Drew was on the 3rd string until Saturday practice now he's on the second string this is how you motivate a player.

Pruitt has me excited to watch the defense again

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59788 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Spring practice
DWS you hit the nail on the head, CJP is a motivator and gets things done because he actually makes folks want to do better. Our team in the past few years has lacked motivation because they were continually being bargained with to do the job. I dont believe CJP is going to "deal" with anyone to do anything, at least thats not what I have seen from him to this point. Its been a long time coming Dawgs!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds