Forum

Spring practice

10 years 1 month ago #59566 by growl
Spring practice was created by growl
So what is the general consensus on the practice field? Are we more where we need to be, or is it more of the same? Is CJP the answer to the defensive woes? Can CMR really stay out of the way and let progress begin? Can we claw our way into the top echelon of CFB with this coaching staff in the next few years? I think we have most of the pieces in place for good things to happen at UGA, we still need to make one change in my opinion,the HC. What say you?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59571 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Spring practice
Imo it's too early.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 1 month ago #59572 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Spring practice

growl wrote: So what is the general consensus on the practice field? Are we more where we need to be, or is it more of the same? Is CJP the answer to the defensive woes? Can CMR really stay out of the way and let progress begin? Can we claw our way into the top echelon of CFB with this coaching staff in the next few years? I think we have most of the pieces in place for good things to happen at UGA, we still need to make one change in my opinion,the HC. What say you?

growl, I look at the number of coaches that have found their place at other universities because they served under Nick Saban.

I look at the number of coaches that fall into that same category under Mark Richt on the past 13 years.

Some lead, some should be content to follow.

Think the above shows my feelings on the present head coach.

I understand as it has been said here many times . . . . Richt seems to have a "lifetime contract" with the University of Georgia, not a three year contract.

Jeremy Pruitt has done more in the short time he has been in Athens than grantham did his entire stay in the Classic City. Defense will only get better as the season progresses. That could be a scary thing. :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #59574 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Spring practice

wlayton wrote: Imo it's too early.

It's way too early, indeed. It will be interesting to see the fallout after spring practice is over.

I'm not up there watching practices, so I only know what might be reported (like MM leg injury taking him out of spring practice altogether).

The other stuff... is CJP the answer.. can Richt stay out of the way, etc..
We've exhausted that speculation in every other thread on this here message board.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
10 years 1 month ago #59575 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Spring practice

growl wrote: So what is the general consensus on the practice field? Are we more where we need to be, or is it more of the same? Is CJP the answer to the defensive woes? Can CMR really stay out of the way and let progress begin? Can we claw our way into the top echelon of CFB with this coaching staff in the next few years? I think we have most of the pieces in place for good things to happen at UGA, we still need to make one change in my opinion,the HC. What say you?

Will let you know around the 5th or 6th game of the season. Are we where we need to be. Highly doubt it.

Are we ready to be a top tier SEC team and challenge for a NC? Highly doubt it...

thecountrynation.com

More
10 years 1 month ago #59577 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Spring practice
Hey growl hope you have a great time own your trip.

Only thing I can tell you about practice is There's no towel being held up.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds