Forum

Spring practice

10 years 1 month ago #59797 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Spring practice
I don't understand Bobo's thinking. TE is for sure short handed. But we have RB's and Recievers and quite a few O Lineman. If we don't have enough competiton at RB why in the hell did they move JJG to the D? Looks like he is making excuses and we are just 2 weeks into Spring. Granted we have some more RB's coming in the future but please stop making excuses already.....sheesh....

I said in an early post that WF was not happy and no one wants to step up on the O Guard position. Tackles look to be set with Theus and Houston with Beard as the next go to player. O line needs to get its head out of its ass or it is going to be a looooong season.....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59798 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Spring practice
Have had this thought a couple of times this Spring.

Mike Bobo lamenting that the offense has a long way to go. I believe that to a point. My other thought is this . . . . Pruitt and company have come to town and the way his troops practice as compared to grantham's, could see where that would cause offensive problems.

In my mind, it is a very good thing. Someone needed to change things in Athens. More than one defensive player "smiling" after playing with the pads on. Pruitt had one of the best if not the best defense in college football last season at FSU, might be that Mark Richt's offense is getting a taste of something "different" in 2014. I mention Richt rather than Bobo for this reason . . . . Richt is supposed to understand more than running backs, quarterbacks and wide receivers. He was not very good when it came to "Special Teams Play". Interesting that Special Teams play was one of the first things addressed when Pruitt came on board. From the outside looking in . . . . Just saying, again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, DAWGtm

More
10 years 1 month ago #59799 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Spring practice
An offence is great to have, but if you can't stop the other guy, and if the other team has a little better defense than yours, most likely you lose.
Duc,
This is so elementary. Why does it elude so many?
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
10 years 1 month ago #59800 by Buc
Looking at Kendall Baker on the hudl film below, this young man might end up being the "sleeper" when it comes to our new recruits.

Watching as much as I can find, think that Kendall would be a dynamite guard or right tackle. Plays defense with a passion, meaning "gets involved". Kendall was offered by FSU and others, so no doubt the talent is there. Not sure he has the "speed/quickness" that Pruitt/Rocker are looking for on the defensive line. If we play a lot of 4 man fronts, can easily see Kendall on defense, 3 man fronts, not sure.

Some of what I have read, it appears that Kendall Baker is really strong, looking at his lower body, would be a hard man to move, more importantly I think, with that strong lower body, could move folks if playing on the offensive line. Him playing offensive line has been mentioned more than once, from where I sit, lets fix the offensive line.

www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1680169/#kendall-baker

More
10 years 1 month ago #59802 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Spring practice
Just read were Paris Bostick is transferring

Not sure why? Might be a playing time issue

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 1 month ago #59804 by Buc
yankeedawg1, Paris Bostick is a very good football player. Injuries have gotten in the way with practice time. Paris also wants to be on the field. He is that type of individual. Believe that he is too far behind at this point to win out against some strong competition.

While I hate to see a really good football player leave, it is in his best interest. Also, proves the point that Pruitt is all about those that are on the practice field.

No hard feelings here, Paris kept his nose clean and think at this point Central Florida colleges will probably get his services.

Would not be surprised to see Paris sign on with USF or UCF.

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds