Forum

GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80339 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
YankeeDawg1, mullen had success under urban liar meyer. Also had Tebow to run the offense. Comes a time when not having all of the tools in the shed makes one somehow seem ordinary.

Folks are now upset with mullen and grantham. gator fans bought into the newest round of hype only to see it was just that "hype".

Tend to agree with you about mullen. I do have some reservations about his offensive game planning, and mullen is the last word when it comes to plays run on game day. mullen is ducking some of the criticism about his game plans/calls with a smoke screen he is using . . . . shouting to the roof tops that the game against us was refereed in our favor. There are times when the refs get it wrong, been known to upset me and others. I don't spend the following days ranting about the calls. Real simple what happened in JAX . . . . mullen was again taken behind the woodshed and schooled on what it takes to win big games in the SEC. mullen thought that arriving in Florida was going to be all wins and no losses. Does not work that way. Teams in the East have made coaching moves that now have some of the "flavors" that the West has enjoyed and used for a long time. Florida fans are not happy, going to get worse if the coaching staff in Gainesville does not pick it up in recruiting.

mullen beginning to sound a lot like Muschamp did while coaching the gators. Lots of noise, but results are expected. Miami Coach Diaz will end what little success the gators had recruiting in South Florida. UCF is fast becoming a recognized team that is upping their game, signing a lot of the Central Florida talent. Once upon a time, Central Florida belonged to the gators, no more. Going to be worth the price of admission to see how mullen/grantham go from here. GEORGIA 24 -- gators 17. Really glad that the officiating crew was on our side . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80340 by growl
Replied by growl on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
....... and exactly who was holding on the Touchdown by Swift that was called back

GO DAWGS!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago #80341 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
#5 Matt Landers..

That call will happen more often than not. More-so than worrying about if it should have been called, I was more upset because I didn't
think it was needed!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
4 years 5 months ago #80342 by Buc
The gathering I watched the game with agree with your post WartDawg. Also, growl, agree that it should have been a non-call. Have not quite figured Matt Landers out at this point. Really thought coming out of high school he was going to be a bit further along. mullen is going to work the officials on the sideline every game. mullen and grantham seem to have a hard time when facing Smart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80343 by Buc
The Georgia/gator game was on television this afternoon . . . . SEC Network. Usually when watching a game the second time I do not watch the entire game, do some picking and choosing. This game I watched most of the replay and have to say, enjoyed it enormously.

Our offensive line was incredible. gators have some serious pass rushers and our offensive line neutralized them. Paid closer attention to #44 this time around, TRAVON WALKER. Travon is going to be "all that" in Athens, wearing the Red and Black. Also was impressed with #95 DEVONTE WYATT. Young man is quick and powerful.

We remain healthy through our regular season schedule, have a feeling that we might find ourselves in the Final Four. There is not a doubt in my mind that defensively we can play with the best, meaning the teams that are rated in the top five. Smart and Company have done a good/great(?) job pulling the different pieces together. Kirby mentions that there is more to be done, that is music to my ears coming from Kirby. This defense improves any more in the remaining 2019 games, feel our team will be referred to the same way Nick Saban did last season (2018). Saban said he did not want to play UGA agian, man was being totally honest.

Do not believe we will stump our toe at the tail end of our schedule. Some that I chat with seem to think that Auburn might trip us up. Could be, then again we might play well enough to send the Auburn Faithful home at halftime. Looking forward to Jimbo Fisher coming to Athens, actually glad that we play them in Sanford Stadium. Jimbo was a bit mouthy prior to the 2019 Season starting, much like mullen was and still is when discussing Georgia.

JALEN CARTER was recruited heavily by mullen and his group. gators work Central Florida hard. Central Florida area has sent many talented young men to Gainesville, Florida. Jalen Carter reminds me of #5 Brown that plays for Auburn. Can play any number of positions, feel sure he is going to line up with the likes of those mentioned above and make a name for himself in the SEC at Georgia. Great talent, plays a lot like Warren Sapp did . . . . nasty.

Say again, not really looking past Missouri, would not be telling the truth if I said the Tigers scare me. Missouri should not beat us, also they have not been too effective playing on the road.

EDIT: Coach Odom press conference . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds