Forum

GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators

4 years 5 months ago #80313 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Now that is what you want to see. We adjusted to the TE, and despite the run blocking not working very well.. we still were able to grind it out and overcome. We didn't give up on the run... Fromm and the receivers made plays.. we found ways to get our guys into space.. we used the short passing game as a substitute for the run at times.. we were able to run some patterns that got us separation against man D... we utilized the TE's during crucial moments.

As much as I am still a bit disappointed if not bewildered by our run blocking, we overcame by doing almost everything that we had talked about needing to do on offense.

The D... can't say enough. Every year I like to point out a young pup that will be all that. I got on the Ledbetter train when many doubted him, and last year it was Eric Stokes and another young man named Jordan Davis. These two sophomores came on last year and have been anchors on our D this year. Tonight, Jordan went full on beast mode during a crucial moment and was solid all night.

This D is tough and getting better every game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80314 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Got a good nights sleep, thanks to several folks that coach our football team.

grantham . . . . out coached again for one simple reason . . . . what he does it not a mystery. Running the same defense(s) that he called while in Athens. Same defenses he called while at Louisville. Same defenses while at Mississippi State.

Special high fives to Coach Del McGee. Watching our backs picking up grantham blitzes was a thing of beauty. High fives to Coach Pittman. Both coaches had the full and undivided attention of their group, and it played out well.

This is not pointed at anyone in particular . . . . meaning the "media". Willing to bet that Coach James Coley called the entire game without interference from the sideline. Not for a minute down playing what Jake Fromm did when the huddle broke. Jake knows football. There were noticeable differences in the play calling and that did not "just happen" because we lost to the gamecocks. From where I sit, the bridle was removed from Coach Coley to allow folks see what his true capabilities are when it comes to offensive game planning.

mullen should borrow grantham's "towel" and wipe his tears, he was out coached from the start. Believe it was mentioned on this board that scoring first means a lot, and it did yesterday. mullen po'd about a couple of calls, did not hear much from him about our touchdown being called back for a holding penalty. I watched the tape on that call, not in agreement with the refs, but does not matter.

Some tight end involvement. Wow!! That came from Coley/Fromm, bet that . . . . no sideline interference. Cager breaking free for the touchdown reminds me of some plays that Coach Coley worked back in the day at both FSU and the U. Cager has changed the way we run the football, a very good thing, just as Swift has changed the defensive coverage that allows Cager and the tight ends to do "their thing".

Lots more to be said, suspect there are other members here that will have a thing or two, post game, to post. Have a feeling that I have more. ;)

grizzarddawg, welcome to Dawgs.com. Hope you find your journey here to your liking.

GEORGIA 24/gators 17.

EDIT: Meant to add this, gives me a great deal of pleasure . . . . converted 12 third downs against grantham's defense. mullen thought his third down defense was good to very good. Really? :)

More
4 years 5 months ago #80315 by Buc
He makes a million a year and just got out coached by James Coley go walk your ass into the St Johns River and see if you drift into a clue

Lifted the quote above from another internet blog. Damn right Coach Coley out coached grantham. When allowed to run his game plan, Coley makes the money he makes for a reason. For sure Jimbo wanted James Coley to leave Georgia and become the offensive coordinator at Texas A&M. Jimbo was/is well aware of 'WHAT COLEY IS CAPABLE OF OFFENSIVELY".

I expect to see some positive differences from here on out as long as Coach James Coley is left alone to make our offense be all it can be. Media and some blogs are far too quick to even begin to think that they understand Coley. Coley does not game plan for "clicks" he plans to win football games.

A serious mistake would be to not recognize Coach James Coleys importance to Georgia Football when it comes to recruiting talent rich South Florida. Know that SouthernDawg is aware of Coach Coley and his background.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80316 by Buc
Dominick Blaylock

Blaylock puts me in a comfort zone fielding punts. Dominick is going to be a FAN favorite, little doubt. True Freshman making a mark for himself as a team player.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80317 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Just an observation.....

Amount of different posters posting after the Chickens and Cats games...

Then our win over the Lizards......

Imho.....didn’t see a team who’s players had lost confidence in

Their coaches. ..... more a deeper buy in... hmmmm

Big dawgs.com welcome to grizzarddawg....glad you have joined...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
4 years 5 months ago #80318 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
I like to look at games and note those "moments" when a game is won or lost. At this level of play there is generally 57 minutes of even, with 3 minutes or maybe 5-6 total plays... maybe a couple of sequences when a
game is decided.

Scoring first was mentioned, and early in this game there was a sequence when during their opening drive, UF was 2nd and 1 in our territory.

On 2nd and 1 another standout from yesterday, Malik Herring, crashed down the line to swallow up their runner for no gain. Those who remember UGA having about 7 plays at the goal line against UF awhile back and not being able to get into the endzone remember what that looked like when done against us.

After the Gators called a timeout to make sure they were ready for 3rd down, UGA craftily employed a defensive line shift to cause them to jump offside.

Back to 4th and 1 after picking 5 up on a tunnel screen, UF was too scared to run again and went to a quick out that was defensed perfectly by RL3.

Turnover on downs and UGA went down to take the early lead.

"Moments"

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds