Forum

GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80319 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Pat Dooley has been around the gators forever. Enjoyed looking at his grade for the grantham defense.

DEFENSE F

First half: While Florida did a good job of stopping the run early, Jake Fromm was able to make the Gators pay in the passing game. Third downs were a bit of a joke with no pressure on Fromm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80320 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Well its a good day. November is upon us and as of right now, we're still Atlanta-bound. Kirby owns Mullet. That much is clear. Kirby has had his number for years, and it shows.

I kept commenting to a friend how nice it is to see 3rd and Grantham alive and well. I sure hope they keep him for many many years to come.

Onto the game...

Offensively - I saw a game yesterday that was mighty efficient. Nothing spectacular was expected, nothing crazy was designed - we're just right back to the same rhythm that we had in weeks 1-5 before the bearing in the wheel started to go bad. The playbook this week was adjusted back to Fromm's strength, and the pass protection was as good as you get in football. Much kudos goes to that O-line. My goodness. I mean, FL's defensive front is no joke and they manhandled them. Just absolutely dominated that front. A lot of us on here have been saying for years and years that the game of football is won on the line of scrimmage and yesterday was no better example of that truth. We have to keep Cager healthy - as it appears that he's the only one in our WR corps who actually has the ability to break space. Talking heads said Coley was coaching for his job yesterday - but I honestly don't believe his job was ever in jeopardy. I have to think there was a meeting of the minds in the coaches' meetings over the last two weeks and the law was laid down - this is MY offense. Either you let me call it or find someone else to call your offense. Either way - that playbook yesterday was designed with one Todd Grantham in mind and it was executed perfectly. Fromm picked apart that defense doing what he's done efficiently since the beginning - moving the chains 10 yards at a time, not trying to force the big play each time. In other words, he ran the plays designed to suit his style and strength. Something that has been absent the last 4 weeks.

I was far more concerned about what would happen with the offensive scheme yesterday than I was the defense.

Defensively - what an unbelievable defense. This defense is the best I've seen. For some reason the talking heads are giving faint praise to a defense that has been absolutely lights out this season.

This team showed resiliency and they didn't commit stupid emotional penalties. I'm okay with the turnover battle being tied provided that it's at 0 a piece and we win the game. Florida is no pushover team. Their defensive front is formidable, and we handed our business in convincing fashion yesterday against a very good FL team.

This win was sweet boys. The ship has been righted and we're right back in it. But its time to get back to focusing again - 24 hours is nearly over and a very crafty Mizzou team awaits us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 5 months ago #80321 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Southerndawg... We checked off your pregame wish list pretty effectively.

As you correctly noted...back to preparing for Missouri....

Big mobile QB. who also can throw the ball...

We ...Need to stay focused..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
4 years 5 months ago #80322 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
According to PFF.com analysis

UGA had 23 QB pressures

UGA's O-line had it's highest pass blocking grade of the season against one of the top D-lines in the league.

UGA had ZERO missed tackles. ZERO. (UF had 10)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 5 months ago #80323 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Wart...your earlier comment....

Our D is good.....and is getting better with each game

Insert grin.... more big DL heading to Athens...with more depth at

DB and LB......

Scary...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 5 months ago #80324 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
That was Kirby's kind of game.... Get the lead, press the action, take your gifts, and in the second half, bury them with speed. size, and depth.

The Dawgs seemed to be in control for most of the game. The O-Line handled the Gators' D-Line in pass protection, but had trouble with them in the run game when the numbers were too many to block. The Dawgs' D-Line played better than I've seen them play in quite some time. They completely overwhelmed the Gators on most snaps.

Simple Truth: The closer a player is to the ball at the snap, the more impact he has on the outcome..... Those are the guys who determine the winners and losers - everyone else is just window dressing without them.

Jake had a 'Jake Game'....nothing too flashy, yet solid and in control.

Floriduh had decided they were going to stop the run and let their DBs shut down the passing game. Well, they limited the running game, but their DBs couldn't match up to the smack they talked prior to the game.

It was nice to see a good ol' fashioned game won on defense, special teams, and taking what the opposing defense offered.

I hope this team shows up in our colors every week for the rest of the season.....because we're going to need them.

Win out and we're in the CFB Playoff. It could happen. I have a feeling LSU will beat BAMA this year.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds