Forum

GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators

4 years 5 months ago #80325 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Many of the Freshmen on our team have grown up quickly this season. Might be as has been said, the gamecock loss was a hurdle that needed to be cleared for our young players to understand just exactly what it takes to reach goals that are often "talked" about. The shoe seems to fit a bit better after the SC game, gator game proves that to be true.

Agree with SouthernDawg, believe that there were some "coaching discussions" made in private that needed to be said. Have read and listened to some in the media describe our offensive game plan in a much different tone than a short time back.

gators are losing a lot of talented players on this years team. Watching recruiting as closely as I do . . . . mullen/grantham are not on a fast track in their recruiting to greatly improve the 2020 edition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80326 by Buc
Say again, Coach James Coley "knows football".

theathletic.com/1345758/2019/11/02/georg...antham-jacksonville/

More
4 years 5 months ago #80327 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Thanks for sharing Buc,,,

World of truth....you correctly stated ... Coach C ...

Valuable piece of the process...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 5 months ago #80328 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators
Question.....

Is Mullen/ Grantham Lizards following the small direction as Miss

State did after Dak moved on......

Year 2. Kirby plays for a Natty

Year 2. Mullet playing to miss. The likes of the Belk Bowl

Question two. ..

Mullet slips Towel Toddy under the bus..... at seasons end ??

Damn straight it’s great to be a Dawg after whipping the Lizards

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 5 months ago #80329 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: WLOCP BULLDOGS AND gators

Buc wrote: Say again, Coach James Coley "knows football".

theathletic.com/1345758/2019/11/02/georg...antham-jacksonville/

He does Buc...

I saw him make the adjustments like bunching up formations and backside crosses that really gave our guys some openings against man D.

My only questions are... Will he be given the leeway to continue doing this thing he knows? We've seen before where were allowed to step out a bit and look great but then had the reins drawn in again when the HC tightened up under adversity...

and I still want to know if there is more we can do with our guards and center to be able to run the ball better in the A & B gaps. It does still seem that good D-lines can consistently take that away from us..

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80330 by Buc
WartDawg . . . . really good question about the freedom to teach/coach/game plan being allowed under Coach Coleys umbrella. One heartening statement that Coach Smart made after the game in JAX was . . . . Coach Coley's offensive game plan worked out great . . . . paraphrasing what Smart said.

Add to that, some of what Coley/Fromm did offensively was also some of what you have been asking for. Kirby can say he blocks the noise out and I can appreciate "some of that". When we see the difference in the way our offensive game plan was called/executed, not the same as has been the case previously. The statement from Smart point directly to the fact that some of the "noise" makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Agreement on the center/guard play. Main problem that I draw from the previous games is the box "truly being loaded" and it has restricted much of what both positions "could do". Believe that changed drastically against the gators. grantham did not believe that we would or could move away from what had been a traditional game plan. Wrong sir . . . . Coley understood what needed to be done and did it rather stealthily in my opinion. Coley had grantham/mullen believe their game plan was perfect, no way we do some of the things you mentioned above WartDawg. Wrong . . . . Coley/Fromm did.

Appeared to me in the fourth quarter that our offensive line had taken its toll on the gator defense, meaning worn them down. This old fart does not and has not had a problem with wearing the oppositions defensive line down, hope that continues for the rest of the 2019 Season.

Takes me to this . . . . many have remarked on the pass protection afforded Jake Fromm. Our offensive line has known how to pass block/protect for a long time. Problem . . . . was not afforded the opportunities to showcase their talent. Yep, I said TALENT. Definitely pin that tail on the donkey that existed prior to Coach James Coley. Video/tape that I watch and have watched for many years proves that statement to be a FACT. Moving forward, every team on our schedule that loads the box will see the same type of play calling that was BORN/CONCEIVED against the nasty gators, again on the JAX proving ground.

Allow me this . . . . it is not true that we have receivers that cannot get open, my opinion. Out and out I call that BS. For far too long our receivers have been "drilled" on down field blocking. Don't have a problem with that, can help the young men in their quest to make it to the next level. What Coach Coley will do is make the opposing defense play against Georgia as if our receivers can do more than block downfield. Sure as heck opens up the 7/8 men in the defensive box. That happens, Coach Dell McGee's troops will put up numbers that will put smiles on all of our faces, maybe our head coach also. Not knocking . . . . just the FACTS as seen by many.

Stop with this . . . . for now ;) . . . . actually saw our tight ends making timely catches. Coach Coley allowed to continue on this "new found path", many of us will see our suggestion(s) come true, tight ends "also" can do more than "block". They are receivers with different body sizes and talents, they are however "allowed" to run productive routes that enable Coach McGee's young men to put up some huge numbers. High Fives to Coach Sam Pittman, coach knew that his young pups could and would pass protect.

Coach'em Up!!

:)

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds