Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS

5 years 6 months ago #79121 by Buc
LIifted the below from an earlier post in this thread.

LSU changed their defensive scheme after our first series with the football. From where I sit, do not believe that our “coaches” recognized what LSU did. Still having some problems with two(2) offensive coordinators in the box high overhead and not changing “several formations”. LSU read us like a book, game proves that point.

Copied this from AJC . . . .

www.dawgnation.com/football/uga-georgia-...se-adjustment-secret
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #79122 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
The article is correct overall, but there is one portion of it that I would like to take issue with. I had commented during the game that they were all over every thing we were doing, and that leads into my comment about versatility
noted in that article:

"“We were playing one certain defense, and it wasn’t working. And we changed to play another one, and it worked.”

Georgia, with its two-headed monster at quarterback, it’s four-man tailback platoon and double-digit receiver rotation, could not strike the right combination.

The same versatility that has made the Bulldogs a tough matchup for an opponent worked against coach Kirby Smart — Georgia had no offensive identity to lean on when times got tough."

"It's two headed monster at QB..."

That apparently had one of its heads decapitated for most of the game.
We didn't hit the right combination... as in addition to that, our back who averaged 8 yards a carry was only given the ball 7 times. Cook didn't see the ball at all.

We didn't hit the right combination.... which will usually happen when you
turn the dial to all of the numbers in that combination.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79123 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
As predicted....the sun came up in Athens today..

Boss Dawg..... with this single post...the depth of knowledge of

Our football program...shine.. with our posters..

Been correctly stated the season does not end with our loss

And the observations about our team having areas that have been

Exposed ..... it also true we do miss the experience and talent that

Departed at the end of last season..

Once again ..the conversation has changed.....

And as before the solution remain the same..

Wild Kitten.....looming.... what is our standard....and how will

Respond..... court reconvenes. In Jacksonville...in two weeks..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
5 years 6 months ago #79125 by Wartdawg
Everything that went wrong is easily correctable. Take away a couple of big plays and they didn't dominate us at the line of scrimmage.

We had a ball carrier who averaged 8 yards a carry and we abandoned the run game early.

They were all over the Fromm game plan and we had the answer in our back pocket and never took it out.

I really think we do ourselves a disservice when we leave Fields on the bench. Even if it's 70/30 Fromm, we need to mix it up early and consistently and teams will always be a bit off balance. We also can't abandon the run so early.

Anyway... no need to keep rehashing all that. I and others have said their peace. I only bring it up again to reiterate some known facts...

When you fail, it is either a lack of ability, a lack of effort, or the lack of a good plan.
We've got 2 of those 3 every week, and the other is a fixable issue.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79126 by Wartdawg
Just found this...

This sort of reminds me of Richt...

dawnofthedawg.com/2018/10/15/georgia-foo...e-fromms-nfl-future/

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
5 years 6 months ago #79127 by Buc
Interesting read. Still have thoughts of our very effective kicker getting hurt. Realize if the play had worked there would have been some different comments. Some risks are not worth taking, I believe this was one such play call. Allow me this . . . . again . . . . two offensive coordinators in the box, hard for me to believe Coach Coley was all in for many of the play calls. Coley means a lot to this team, both coaching and recruiting. Jimbo wanted Coley as his offensive coordinator, there is a reason for that. Just a thought.

Wartdawg, some interesting comments to the article.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds