GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS

5 years 6 months ago #79109 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Kirby post game presser

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #79110 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
I have no intention of making this a see-I-told-you-so thread.

All I'm going to say is that today was the perfect storm of our inadequacies. Others this week mentioned those inadequacies and they slapped us in the face today against LSU.

My take - Fromm should have been pulled in the 2nd quarter. It simply wasn't his day. No shame in that, but you don't keep going to the well for water when its clearly dry. Play calling was as bad as I've seen since early in season 1 of the CKS era. Chaney continues to be the guy that leaves me scratching my head. We had a good thing going with the running game then we abandoned it. Don't get it. I won't even discuss the fake play. Not even worth discussing.

Whatever the game plan was today, it needs to be thrown into the galvanized bucket and burned, then pissed on to put the ashes out. LSU was ready for every aspect of our game play.

I was afraid that our 1st half cakewalk schedule was going to be exposed, and it was exposed. As kentdaddy said, Fromm has been off for a few weeks. Fortunately for us, the schedule cushioned the deficiencies Fromm has been exhibiting. This game isn't on Fromm. This game is on Kirby and the coaching staff. What's scary is that this is an LSU team that FL beat last week, and FL struggled with Vandy today. I don't know what to think about Jacksonville at this point. I certainly don't have the warm & fuzzies going into it. Thankfully FL doesn't have a passing game to speak of, so they'll have to beat us on the ground. I like the chances with our run defense a hell of a lot more than I like them with our pass defense.

Today was a rough day. One that I surely hoped would turn out different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, kentdaddy, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79111 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
I thought the stubbornness was over when richt left, but apparently not. I know we aren't made aware of everything that goes on in practice and all of that, but there is no reason in hell that Fields shouldn't have been used alot more today.... i'm worried now that Fields will soon realize that he isn't going to be utilized and decides to go somewhere that will use him

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79112 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
The good thing is that even though this team was beaten by Florida and we have yet to pay Florida... is that it just doesn't work like that. A beats B and B beats C, but often A will lose to C and all that.

One thing about Fromm is something Smart mentioned. That is not all of Fromms struggles are all on him. He does however need to learn not to take sacks after he's been hanging on to the ball for 4-5 plus seconds.

One thing I don't agree with the coach and some of the Ga pundits on though is the use of Fields. I've heard some of the usual commentators say that bringing Fields in wasn't going to win that game today...

Maybe... maybe not. That's not really the point though. The point is being willing to try something while the game was still winnable. I'm not even sure you bench Fromm outright,
but you've got to bring Fields in way earlier in that game, and let him run something other than wildcat style read options. They have got to learn that the threat of Fields passing has to be there. They bring him in and throw with him and LSU can not man up on pur receivers any more because if our receivers run them downfield in man coverage they will have their backs turned and he can take off.

... and again... using him doesn't mean you have to bench Fromm altogether. It just means give LSU some other looks.

I just absolutely hate losing when I don't think we unleashed every weapon we have and today I think we had a governor on all the different things our offense can do. It was really perplexing to watch us leave tools in the box.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79113 by Buc
Trying hard to make my feelings match up with what I saw during the game. Could come close to publishing a book.

After the LSU game it is apparent just how much John Atkins is missed in the middle. Won’t go into great detail on that subject, many know that there is a major difference in defensive line play. Defensive line played a different game(s) in 2017 because of linebacker(s) duties, schemes. When a “rookie”, Jordan Davis is taking as many snaps as he is, there is a problem, serious problem. Not calling out a number, but . . . . there is a missing link, noticeable to many. Not totally sure if it falls on coaching talent or player talent.

Football is a lot like baseball. Back in the day it was not unusual for a pitcher to toss a complete game, not unusual at all. That has changed dramatically as the years pass. Now it is unusual for a pitcher to go past 5, 6 or so innings. Relief in today’s game is without a doubt paramount. Why? Game has changed. To the point, football has changed, and I make this point . . . . Not long after I became a member on Dawgs.com I commented on run, pass, option football. Caught some flack, which was understandable. Many held to the idea that to make it to the NFL, had to be a pocket passer. Some truth to that, at that point. Quick to add this . . . . Nick Saban came off of that theory . . . . quick. Saban makes those decisions in Tuscaloosa, not the press or anyone else. Guess most of us know that the NFL is no longer “just a pocket passer league”.

Will try to be cautious with the following . . . . End of the 2017 Season changes were made in the offensive coordinating area. Chaney left as quarterback coach and moved to tight end coach in practice. Coley took over as quarterback coach in practice. Cannot speak to what is said in the box when the two are watching the same game being played, however, something is missing. Not trying to start anything, just things that I think about.

Florida is next. Bet this . . . . Todd Grantham would give up a months pay to beat Georgia. Grantham will throw everything he has at our quarterback. Grantham “hates” quarterbacks on Saturdays. Fact. What we saw LSU doing on defense will be even more so coming from Grantham. Another fact. Add this . . . . Mullen coached under urban liar myer. On the sidelines Mullen adopted some of “liars” characteristics. Badgers referees. Take note in Jacksonville, you read that particular bit here.

Allow me this and I will stop . . . . Often have said that 2019 will determine who we are. The sky is not falling. I remember this, last season Auburn took us to the cleaners, a lot changed after that.

Go Dawg, coach’em up! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl, SimpleDawg

More
5 years 6 months ago #79114 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
I was there yesterday excellent seats that I got from a 50 year season ticket holder, and the biggest thing I saw was Fromm not seeing the open receiver at least 6 times that I counted. No excuse for that with 22 games under his belt.

Fake FG was stoopid. Never take 3 points away from Rod.....ever. Rod makes it we score and no need to go for 2, was a 4 point swing and we are only down 19-13, bring in Fields to see what he can do with plenty of time to go back to Fromm if need be. That was the game in a nutshell gents...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl, SimpleDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds