Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS

5 years 6 months ago #79115 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
and if you do want to take a chance on fake FG, give the player running it an option to throw the ball. What we did was all in one way gamble, and we were gambling with the kicking leg of one of out weapons.

Personally, I don't want hot rod taking hits. I want him running and sliding down or throwing the ball 10 yards before anyone can get near him.

I will say one more thing about Fromm as well, and that is not all things missed from the QB spot are the QB's fault. Sometimes players come open after the read progression has moved on... and sometimes a receiver may be open, but he's not running the correct route and isn't where the QB is looking for him to be. Those things happened Saturday.

I am not excusing Fromm from blame for a subpar performance at all... his performance was down, but it wasn't all on him every single time he didn't make a play. It was a team effort when looking at missed chances. Some were definitely on him.. some others were not. Plenty of blame to share for what happened out there in my opinion.

Amongst the bad and the ugly, we still need to remember the good being we can bounce back from this and still achieve all of our goals. This season will not be defined by this loss at all.

This season will be defined by how we respond to this loss.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #79116 by Buc
There is little doubt that Kirby is going to protect his players, part of being a head coach. Kirby is no different than other football coaches when he says . . . . falls on me. That is and has been accepted by many for a long time. Coach speak.

Clearly Kirby is disappointed with Fromm holding the ball. That is the character of Fromm, make a play, kid has his mind and heart set on “making a play”. Game has become too fast to allow the defense to know you will stand in the pocket. That is when a young man gets hurt. Most folks are taught to believe that the ball has to come out of the qb’s hand in four seconds or less. In today’s game in the pocket . . . . four seconds holding the ball does not “often” have a good ending.

LSU changed their defensive scheme after our first series with the football. From where I sit, do not believe that our “coaches” recognized what LSU did. Still having some problems with two(2) offensive coordinators in the box high overhead and not changing “several formations”. LSU read us like a book, game proves that point.

Question . . . . What was the reason to not toss the ball to our tight ends? Worked early three times, fourth attempt was not a catchable ball. LSU went to work on our offense when we lined up in a formation that allowed them the luxury to not worry about some very talented young men wearing Red and Black. Bet this . . . . against the gators, better use the tight ends or we will see an instant replay of the LSU game.

LSU game is over and it will always appear in the record books as a 36-16 loss. I do not want to have numbers like that in Jacksonville. Do not want to see the same display of “coaching” against the gators as I witnessed against LSU. Grantham will be at his “nastiest” against UGA. Might even break out his “cut throat” sign.

More
5 years 6 months ago #79117 by Buc
Real look/see.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79118 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Aranda took away Fromm's short passing game and put him in 3rd and long situations which his conversion rate is very poor. Fromm's long ball passing game is less than stellar and Aranda exploited it to perfection

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79119 by Buc
I was pretty loud in the off season about our punting. It is a given that a solid punter can have a direct effect on wins and losses. Thus far, not impressed. Another part of our game that has me a bit concerned. Camps are one thing, live action another. More and more realizing that our team is really lacking in more places than one or two. Good team, not a great team.

More
5 years 6 months ago #79120 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
One wild and crazy game.

I will hang my hat on this from Buc... "The sky is not falling. I remember this, last season Auburn took us to the cleaners, a lot changed after that."

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds