Forum

GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA

6 years 5 months ago #77443 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
Fellow Cyberspace Dawg fans...we have turned that corner we have spoken about ..

Still breathing that rare air...the love of our Dawgs has again brought us together...

Perfection is still ahead...but tonight.....new snakes have been .....disposed off

Pass the ice... enjoying hearing the chapel bell....enjoy the feeling....been a long hard time getting here..

All is well in Athens......

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #77444 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
I was surprised at how well SC played...i didn't think they were nearly as good as they played... glad we stuck to the plan and kept chopping

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 5 months ago #77445 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
I remember somebody talking about Alabama and execution, in the context of great teams. The point being that you know what Alabama is going to do, but you can't stop them because they execute.
This was one of those games for us. Scar knew they were getting the ball ran down their throats coming in. Stop that and the game is yours. Problem is, this isn't your daddy's bulldogs. It's a running system, but you have to stop the run. Scar couldn't because the team executed, and this is the result. But, what I'm taking away here is another turn in the right direction for Georgia football. Execution by every player on every play. That's the expectation, and it shows in the finished product.
Yeah, a little closer than I would have liked, and there are some kinks in the secondary that need to be ironed out. However, champs of the east means we get a shot at Bama, and to be the king you have to beat the king.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 5 months ago #77446 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
Great day Georgia won, B1G gets its comeuppance.

Muschamp is coaching at the right university for his overall makeup. gators never accepted Muschamp and it was evident to anyone paying close attention. Will Muschamp is the type coach that can and will take 3 star performers (media rated) and prepare them for SEC Football. Gamecocks "Jake" at quarterback will be around for a long time, he is the real deal.

Following urban meyer closely for a lot of years, know that he is not as solid as the media likes to portray him. Many remember that Mullen was the true architect and the "teaching force" behind Tim Tebow. Proven when Mullen did the same coaching job at Miss State with the now starter for the Cowboys in the NFL. All for coaches getting ahead but I worry about Mullen returning to the gators. Mullen not unlike Smart or Muschamp, loves the game of football, not the "other stuff" that the urban meyers of the world like to participate in.

Every "messy up" that I watched in the game against the Gamecocks can and will be fixed. Auburn on CBS next Saturday at 3:30 can be thrown on. Not a doubt. Do we have to, don't think so, believe our "Jake" answered questions against the Gamecocks that were being raised by both the media and others about tossing the ball. Fromm does not have a "noodle" for an arm. Should not say this but . . . . we have a player on our roster that can "sling it" with the best of them, leads to this . . . . is that the driving force when it comes time to play the position, if so why "Jake". Answer . . . . "Jake" plays a high percentage of the game between his ears.

Lots of good reads in this thread.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!! :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 5 months ago #77447 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
Some things Muschamp said that have been noted.

We didn’t really fool them... often they we’re in position but Georgia players just made plays. The RB’s caused misses, and Fromm put the ball exactly where it needed to be despite tight coverage.

We just made plays... execution.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77448 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
Game opened with the Gamecocks "stuffing" 8/9 players in the box. Have read elsewhere criticism of our offensive line. Apparently those criticizing have never played a down of football, or if they have, sure as heck have not run blocked or pass protected. I really like reading what the folks here have to say about "most" games, shows that most here are on this board for a reason . . . . understand the game.

Not to start a controversy, but have my doubts about every quarterback remaining in Athens. NFL is big on arm strength, but they do not evaluate upcoming draft choices on arm strength alone. Players want and need to play, not stand or sit on the sideline. Understandable. Do not see our "Jake" turning over the signal calling to anyone, he is not built that way. What is good about that statement? This group of coaches "changed the sheets" when they arrived in Athens.

Defensive line some also like to chirp about . . . . Smart and Company are not going to load the box often, why . . . . don't have to. Kirby wants the opposition to put the ball in the air. Kirby grew up playing and coaching defensive backs, surely learned something in that length of time that is a carry over to 2017 UGA Football coaching. Wartdawg mentioned #13, Jonathan Ledbetter some time back, Have kept my eyes on him since his name came up. Teams do not like to run in his direction. Check the film.

Watched a lot of the Auburn/TAM game yesterday. They have not played a team that is as solid on offense as we are. From what I have watched, we can run or throw on the Gus Malzahn high school type coaching. Looking forward to watching the Auburn crowd leaving soon after halftime. Before halftime would suit me just fine.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds