Forum

GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77437 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
I am sure you all have read by now....the reason for The onside kick...we saw something on film

Said HC... we will continue to be aggressive....not back on our heels... remember the flea flicker

I am on board with this thinking....didn’t cost us any Points..

Game like this brings to mind....winning ugly. .....better than losing pretty..

On to Assburn..... much to teach this week....keep chopping....

IMHO.....since our OL has jelled......OC has had a easier time calling plays...sadly the ref cost Chubb

A touchdown.....saving tackle...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #77438 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
Saying I wouldn’t go so far as calling it an A on play calling doesn’t mean it was an F either.

We put in a game plan that involved the HC about how we would come out. The actual play calling itself was not bad, but it’s not like we won because our OC outsmarted them. We took what they gave us based on the looks they showed. Fromm checked into the right plays, and we executed.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 5 months ago #77439 by Wartdawg

yankeedawg1 wrote: I am sure you all have read by now....the reason for The onside kick...we saw something on film.

Go Dawgs

Some people are upset because they didn’t think we needed to resort to trickory, and while they are right it is hard for me to fault the call all that much.

The SCar player had turned his back, we had him 3 or 4 players right there to recover.. he just turned back, had the good fortune of the bounce coming right to him, and he made a good play securing it. We didn’t need the trickeration, but kudos to the staff for not being complacent, and thinking that we’re so good that we can just throw our hats on the field and win.

I don’t think I am doing it, but I’m not going to complain too mich about it. Look at it like this.. they saw something... almost had something big, AND HAD THE FAITH IN OUR D’s ABILITY TO HOLD THEM IF IT FAILED.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 5 months ago #77440 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA

Wartdawg wrote: Saying I wouldn’t go so far as calling it an A on play calling doesn’t mean it was an F either.

We put in a game plan that involved the HC about how we would come out. The actual play calling itself was not bad, but it’s not like we won because our OC outsmarted them. We took what they gave us based on the looks they showed. Fromm checked into the right plays, and we executed.

Fair enough man, and well said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77441 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
Oh, one more kudos I have to give to this coaching staff, and yet another sign that the times have changed in Athens (as if we needed another one)

4 seconds left in the 2nd quarter and we're still on the field scheming up a plan and taking a shot at the end zone.

How nice is that? How nice is it to see foot on the gas for 60 minutes? I can guarantee you that our previous regime would have knelt it down around 30 seconds to go just to get into the locker room.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77442 by Wartdawg
It was great seeing the foot on the gas and kudos do go out to the entire staff for keeping these guys focused and ready.

I’m actually quite happy about the game. As pointed out earlier by others, it humbled us a bit and let us know we can’t just throw our hats out there to win. Plus I think our mistakes will help us next week.

The stupid Richt team like personal foul probably wont happen next week. Our punt team is probably going to be better schooled on how to be ready for anything and not to panic and hold if something does go on. We’ve seen a great example of how everyone is going to scheme to stop us and hopefully we can diagnose how to counteract it a bit better. Some serious teachable stuff should come out of this game, and we should realize even more how there is ALWAYS need for improvement and complete effort/focus.

That was a good test and I’m going to give SCar some serious credit. That team had solid lines.. fast and active line-backers, and King at CB is a great player. Their QB is a play-maker and they have big receivers and TE’s that can over-match many opponents line-backers and safeties.

I don’t care for Muschump, but he’s been able to get good players there and has them playing solid disciplined ball.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds