Forum

GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA

6 years 5 months ago #77431 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
9-0! Go Dawgs!!!!!! 9-0!!!!!!

My comments on this game are that we faced the toughest defense we faced all season. Not patting myself on the back, but I was fairly confident that Muschamp was going to have a defensive scheme drawn up. Our RB depth won this game for us. Having fresh legs on monster backs just broke their wills and left them sucking wind in the late 3rd and 4th quarters.

Our defense got a B- in this game. Not nearly enough pressure on the QB, too many cushions, bad reads, too few adjustments before the snap. SC was trying to beat us at our own game offensively, but they didn't have the talent to do it. Similarities in this defense today and what I saw last week against FU. That said, they still played a solid game.

I thought Chaney's play calling was A material.

This was a reality check for what next week will be like, except harder.

Practice is gonna get real this week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #77432 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
I wouldn’t go so far as to give the OC an A, but we are in the position that we could pick our plays at random by drawing them out of hat and still win on execution.

This was a tough game.. good win.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
6 years 5 months ago #77433 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
Just clinched the East.

Keep choppin wood

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77434 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA VS UGA
That was NOT a bad game, just not what we are capable of. I expect that if 'Bama blows out LSU (and I think they will), we will drop to #2 . . . but that's completely irrelevant. We'll get to see 'Bama and roll up our sleeves anyway. Speaking of irrelevant!

Goodbye, Ohio State!!

Goodbye, Penn State!! (Goodbye B1G? I don't think Wisconsin will win the championship game unless someone is instructed to make sure they do.)

The rest of the field seems to be whittling itself down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77435 by SouthernDawg

Wartdawg wrote: I wouldn’t go so far as to give the OC an A, but we are in the position that we could pick our plays at random by drawing them out of hat and still win on execution.

This was a tough game.. good win.

Well then we'll have to disagree. Minus that stupid onside kick, I thought the offensive calling was a well played chess match by starting off with more passing on the run pass options to offset the impact of their box stacking, then transitioning back to the run game and continuing wearing them down. Enough passes by Fromm to make the point that we have a passing game, while still coming back to the run as our dominance.

At any rate, we're 9-0. Couldn't care less if we're #2 or not. We have to face Auburn next week. That's going to be a game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77436 by SouthernDawg

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds