Forum

Monday Morning start up

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74749 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday Morning start up

growl wrote: I cant recall when I have seen a College team put kickers on the field that are as weak as these two have been this season, I know there probably have been ,but I dont recall them, especially at UGA. They must really have a bad case of butterflies!

That is what I am saying. Kick ball.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #74750 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning start up
This is a good read from another site. Agree or disagree, there are some very good points made.

Several points I could make but, one point that I agree with is . . . . putting the ball into the air 50 or so times in the game. Says to me that Offensive Coordinator Jim Chaney is "into the game". Coach Chaney knows what he can and cannot do. WHAT A CHANGE!

Another "decision maker" . . . . Somewhere down the line that will pay dividends. Watched him on the sideline when the going was not in our favor . . . . Smart left him alone as he passed by, and Chaney was not looking for help from our head coach.

I feel as if we lost too many years after 2006/7/8 to make any kind of a comeback. Can finally agree with those that said year after year . . . . wait until next year. To the "blind" I say this . . . . check the "recruit board" and those that might end up in Athens, then bring up "next year".

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2016/09/the-miz...ie%27s+Dawg+Blawg%29
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74751 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday Morning start up
Read those comments from Kirby, Buc

Me thinks at some point Kirby has gotten the impression that some in the press want to suggest things to him as if it would be revelation to him and he's never considered it.

To me he is cut from similar cloth as NS, and his responses show it. I've been pretty fed up with the press for a few years now, so I say "give 'em hell, Kirby".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74752 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday Morning start up
Really good read Buc, not much to argue with there.

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74753 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday Morning start up

growl wrote: I cant recall when I have seen a College team put kickers on the field that are as weak as these two have been this season, I know there probably have been ,but I dont recall them, especially at UGA. They must really have a bad case of butterflies!

It's been embarrassing to watch. I have seen kickers perform this poorly... at D3 schools, but that's about it. Right now I think Georgia State is kicking the ball MUCH better than us.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74754 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Monday Morning start up
You could sense Kirby's frustration with the O-Line and the kickers in his post game comments. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see why.

Unless Sam Pittman pulls a rabbit out of the hat and discovers how, in 3 days, to turn chicken s--- into chicken salad, we're in for a long afternoon out in Oxford on Saturday. Ole Miss is explosive off the line and you can guarantee they're going to follow suit with Nicholls and Mizzou and stack the box to shut the run game down. The only option we're going to have to get a running game going is to toss sweep it to Sony & Chubb and hope they can break the line faster than the DBs can get to them. That's about the only option for the "getting creative" Kirby said they're going to have to do this week in practice.

And I'm dead serious that the coaching staff should be posting signs on cork boards throughout the entire campus that UGA is holding open tryouts for kicker. I've never, in all my years watching college football, seen a kicking game so utterly inept as the one we have right now.

If we bring the game to Oxford that we brought to Columbia, we're going to be lucky to keep it within 3 scores. Our D is good, but they have so many explosive options and a gunslinging QB to find them that we cannot play them in the same soft manner we did against Mizzou or they're going to slice us to pieces.

Sorry if this is overly negative. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds