Forum

Monday Morning start up

7 years 7 months ago #74755 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning start up
Ole Miss controls the LOS we lose SD simple as that. They have big WR's that will go up and get the ball. They are a real good 1-2 team and that record does not show that.

Going up to Oxford early Sat. A.M. for the game. Hope to leave happy but the last time I was up that way (Starkville) left with my head down and cowbells ringing in my head. Not a pleasant experience. Hope for a better road trip this time around.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74756 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning start up
Georgia and a hot-tempered Kirby Smart hit the practice fields after being taken to the brink by a unranked Missouri team in what everyone thought would be an easy win.

Joshua Jones, seems most of you young folks are falling in line with the "stuff" the wrapper you work for is continuing to promote.

Coach Smart is a hot-tempered person . . . . explain to those of us that have been around for a while, understand football and . . . . know that you are what once upon a time in the journalism trade were labeled as a "Johnny Come Lately".

There are some of us on Dawgs.com that questioned what many were saying . . . . that Missouri was a walk over. Some of us having been around for a while understand cleats, dirt, practice, fights in practice and "stuff" that "click boys" have not a clue.

Do not mean to offend, just have this "problem" . . . . believe in the "Team", not the BS that is often offered up by those "wet behind the ears".

Say again, be careful when using the word "everyone".

www.dawgnation.com/football/photos-uga-h...acle-win-at-missouri
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74757 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning start up
Anyone out there that really wants to have a conversation based on "Georgia Football", this old dawg would strongly suggest looking at what "several" folks on Dawgs.com have to say throughout the week and during the games.

Do not have enough fingers and toes to count the members here and the growing number of members that are outstanding when it comes to the Red and Black and REAL FOOTBALL TALK. Members on this board often start with reading, at some point post and find out that they are welcome and most here appreciate the input.

There is never enough talk when it concerns UGA and everything associated with our team. Most on this site are on board with the recent change over in Athens. We do not get upset with the rules the new coaches have set for all to abide by. Take it game by game and voice our opinions . . . . individual opinions, makes for a solid member base.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74758 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning start up
Buc absolutely agree we have many readers here who have a wealth of untapped knowledge about college football and our team..

Just a slight nudge to get them to join in... Welcome sign

Hangs out.... Pull the pin and jump in .....

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74759 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Monday Morning start up
More thoughts on this week's matchup:

If we want any chance of winning this game, we absolutely must capitalize on turnovers. We need to convert as many turnovers into points as possible - preferably touchdowns. When you're on the road in a place like Oxford that is going to be ferrel by kickoff time, we need the D to step up like I know they can and take away the ball. If we can do that and can get the big plays by the defense against their hyper-aggressive spread and slow it down a bit, then we can win this game. If we go out there and punch them in the mouth and focus on taking the wind out of their sails, it will help set the tone for the game on our terms.

Both UNC and Mizzou wanted to run the hurry up offense on us to totally dominate the pace of the game. It worked well for both teams. If you go back and watch those games, they were gaining big chunks of yardage on us by setting the tempo and having us try to keep up. UNC just got worn out by the 4th quarter, but Mizzou was not. I have no doubt that if there had been 3 minutes left on the game clock and not 1:27 when we scored the TD, Mizzou would have marched it right back down field and probably won the game.

I agree with Buc that it is important for this team to believe that they can win this game. They can. But it's going to take a team effort and probably more defensive than offensive effort. Mel Tucker has his hands full this week. These soft cushions that the DBs were giving Mizzou in the 1st & 2nd quarters have to stop because Chad Kelly eats that soft serve for breakfast. If you listen to Kirby's presser today, he was spot on on how you stop the spread offense:

Ultimately, you have to have guys that dominate their box. So if I'm lined up over the guard, I have to be able to beat that guard one-on-one because somebody's gonna get one-on-one match ups. I'm not for bringing more than they can block because they've got guys out there that can run and catch the ball. It's the dynamic we deal with all the time. There is no right or wrong answer to that. You've gotta be able to pitch: you gotta be able to throw the fast ball, you gotta be able to throw a curve ball, you gotta be able to change it up, you gotta be able to throw a slider - you can't do the same thing all the time. I've sat and watched three teams play them (Ole Miss) and nobody's really been able to slow them down. So from that perspective, you gotta be able to create turnovers, you gotta do a good job of affecting the quarterback, but that's hard to do with this guy (Kelly) because he's seen it all before. There's nobody that's created a defense against the spread that's gonna stop it totally. They are producing offensive numbers for a reason because they have really good players. So you're a lot better off saying I'm gonna play sound defense, create turnovers, stop em in the red area, force field goals, don't give up big plays, all the stuff we preach on defense - that's how you stop the spread.

This guy gets it.

Pouty got slapped down once again by Kirby when asking why it is Jacob Eason can't talk to the media. Pouty got lippy and said: "Obviously he's a quarterback and he's a smart guy. Why is it he can go get drafted and fight for his country but he's unavailable to talk to the media?"

Kirby: "No doubt. And what year is he?" Pouty interrupts and Kirby asks again over Pouty's pouting: "what year is he?"
Pouty: "He's a freshman"
Kirby: "Right, and we have a policy here at this school and Jacob adheres to that policy, so thanks."

Full rebuttal, Towers-style here:

www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/towe...ear-from-jacob-eason

Highly recommend you guys watch this presser. It's solid gold:

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091916aai.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 7 months ago #74760 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday Morning start up
So Kirby told Pouty to STFU. I, for one, am happy to see this from our HC. Expectations are higher now, and those expectations extend to those at pressers who call themselves journalists.
Bring your "A" game or stay home.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds