Forum

Another Smart Decision . . . . Jim Chaney

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73937 by Buc
This young man deserves everything that is football related and more.

247sports.com/Bolt/LeCounte-excited-to-e...star-status-46226578

EDIT:

Comparison of 2017 recruiting at this time. Remembering what was said on many sites if we released Mark Richt. Compare UGA and UM recruiting (stars) if that is the guideline.

Good thing I suppose the offer was made to Kirby Smart. Say again, he would have taken the South Carolina head coaching job had not UGA moved quickly. Many former players at Georgia played a major role in the "quick decision". FACT.

247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73938 by Buc
Kirby Smart hired what appears to be a great coaching staff. I also believe that his selections have proven much had to happen in Athens if we (you and I) could even start to look for improvement.

We know that the Indoor Practice Facility is being erected. Can only imagine how that will aid Smart and Company after it is completed. Feel sure that is a factor now in recruiting, but once the building is in place and young athletes can add the IPF to their "walk throughs" on campus, as Jeremy Pruitt "advised Mahogany Row" ;) . . . . good things will happen. Smart and Company doing real well now, can only imagine what the future holds.

www.georgiadogs.com/facilities/facilities15-iaf-tl.html

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73939 by Buc
So often the players that have committed to Georgia seem to be forgotten by those that rate the upcoming year(s) in SEC football.

Guess I am one of those that likes to look back, get a feel for what "has" been done. New signees are always going to be headline material, as it should be. Think it is wise to remember what has happened prior to the latest headline.

Question . . . . If you were a member of Smart and Company, where would you play Mecole Hardman? From where I sit, it is a difficult decision. Several reasons for that . . . . many athletes on both sides of the ball reside in Athens, player talent has never been the "total problem". I prefer a young man to get settled into a position, not that he can not be shifted, however . . . . I keep recalling Mecole Hardman facing off with Demetris Robertson.

Couple of videos . . . . :)

www.hudl.com/athlete/1626590/mecole-hardman-jr

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73940 by Buc

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73941 by Buc
Hope this works out for Xavier Jenkins. Really liked the fact that Xavier being from Lowndes County seemed to open up that area a little more for us.

As time moves on, there will probably be more of this. The “plus” side to this change . . . . competition is increasing in Athens. Has been this way in Tuscaloosa for a “long time”. Some young men do not want to sit, as a team in the SEC gets better, “sitting is required”. Feel sure that was suggested to Xavier Jenkins by those recruiting him. Good on him, do what you feel is the best path for you.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/2...s-2017-signing-class

Takes me to this . . . . The addition of LeCounte gives Georgia two five-star prospects in the class, joining edge rusher Robert Beal (Norcross, Ga./IMG Academy). LeCounte put in equal effort in trying to help recruit for the Bulldogs out in Oregon, and he says more good news will be coming Georgia's way soon.

Know that he really wants a "certain receiver" to find a spot in Athens.

Go Dawgs :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73942 by Buc
Who knows . . . .

Maybe James (Jim) Coley works his magic again. What say you RCIII

247sports.com/Player/Mark-Webb-75698

www.hudl.com/video/3/2699995/5721cebdc124573b5475f7c5