Forum

Another Smart Decision . . . . Jim Chaney

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73931 by Buc
After listening to many in the media discuss Georgia Football and seems the main subject is quarterback. Lots of pros and cons as to who should start and reasons why.

Probably in the minority but I see a little more going into the decision of who will start or who will end up playing and when.

Kirby Smart hired Jim Chaney for a reason and if we look at the way he is listed as a coach . . . . Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach.

Fully believe that Smart will be the one to say this or that player will start/play. That is one of the jobs a head coach is responsible for. Also believe in my bones that Smart will go with Chaney’s decision. Simple enough to figure out . . . . Chaney has coached quarterbacks successfully for a long time. Smart has not done that.

Also believe that Smart following much of what he watched Saban do, when given the title of coach “whatever” on the team, he will not step in and muddy the water. Quickest way to insure the failure of the “team” to progress. Not a doubt Smart hired his staff to do what they do, not to be “messed” with. When an offensive coordinator is making the amount of money Chaney is, must be a reason for that. Maybe knowledge?

Georgia quarterback position is a big talking point now by the media and many sites. Keeps readership in line and on line.

I believe that Coach Smart is being totally honest when he says he does not know who will start. I do believe by the end of Fall camp he and his offensive coordinator will decide. It will not be a decision of “one”.

Very much like what I see coming from Coach Smart. Believe he not unlike Nick Saban is a “team builder”. Say again, we have a group of coaches that seem to be on the same page with their head coach.

Go Dawgs :)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73932 by Buc
When Mark Richt was hired, there was a lot of high fives going around. I am one that approved of the hiring. Damn, something needed to be done, right, wrong or otherwise.

Under Mark Richt I believe we got “some” of . . . . right, wrong, otherwise.

Mark Richt brought the same playbook that he had used “successfully” in Tallahassee. Got it “right” for a few years.

Slipped into a different style of running our program. Began losing games that we should have won or at least be competitive in. Began to get it “ totally wrong”.

The “otherwise” for me was not being able to keep qualified coaches, and quite frankly not understanding that the FANS were paying closer attention to his lack of what seemed to be “interest”. Some suggested that Richt’s interests were channeled in the direction of “otherwise”. I lean in that direction.

The page has been turned, now Kirby Smart enters with a lot of high fives being given. Not an easy task . . . . there are also some out in the college football world that are waiting to bring Kirby Smart down. WILL NOT HAPPEN. Smart and Company are focused . . . . a lost art in Athens for years. Yes, way before Mark richt, way before.

Go Dawgs :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73933 by Buc
Jeff Sentell article.

Really like what Trevor Lawrence had to say about Coach Jim Chaney.

Does this UGA coaching staff fit him better than the previous one?

“I would say it does fit better,” Lawrence said. “I think my style is more like that of Coach Smart. I really like him. I really liked Mark Richt a lot, but I really like Coach Smart. I think he is going to be a really good coach. I think coach (Jim) Chaney is going to bring a new element to the offense. He is like a genius calling plays and knowing what to do on offense. It will be fun to watch him.”

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/n...-georgia-and-clemson

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73934 by Buc
Speaking of the media . . . . Classic case of Paul Finebaum making some "unnecessary noise" in my opinion about a football player and problems with off field "stuff".

What Finebaum did while the cameras were on, was draw attention to something that should not have been brought up in that group in the video. Bet this, he will play it up big time on his Mickey and Minnie (SEC Network) tonight. All about the clicks, eh . . . .

Enjoyed watching Saban saying to Finebaum, that is the end of this conversation. Finebaum bailed out, orders were given and Finebaum understood.

www.seccountry.com/alabama/watch-heated-...-saban-paul-finebaum

This is the kind of interview chatter that the media surrounding the UGA Football Team can expect when they step out of line. Topic was discussed right after Kirby Smart moved back to Athens. Damn right, I like the Saban approach.

Go Dawgs

EDIT: Check Nick Saban's "eyes" out at the 1:26 mark of the video. That is the type of "serious football" that now exists in the Classic City. Overdue.

EDIT #2: This video I believe points out what was posted above. x's and o's sometime "include the media" if you get my drift . . . . more to our program than those sitting in Butts-Mehre. Say again, Head Coach Kirby Smart is no ones fool. Don't buy into that, try the Paul Finebaum method. Just saying.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73935 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Another Smart Decision . . . . Jim Chaney
I'm surprised that Finebaum did'nt start bleeding from those darts Buc.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
7 years 9 months ago #73936 by Buc
I would rate those as "Boot Camp Eyes" Chief. :angry:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds